Proxychains reverts config file to basic default values after use it The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InWhy do some applications use ~/.config/appname for their config data while others use ~/.appname?How can I regenerate the default '/etc/' config files?Config File Sequence for ZSH?Editing config file via a bash scriptHow to check Grub2 config file?Standard config file naming pattern and locations?how to use ~/.ssh/config with Windows/PuTTY?proxychains is revealing my public IP, not properly using Tor proxyadd a command to each command (e.g. proxychains each command by default)Chainging proxychains DNS port

Are USB sockets on wall outlets live all the time, even when the switch is off?

How to reverse every other sublist of a list?

How are circuits which use complex ICs normally simulated?

Realistic Alternatives to Dust: What Else Could Feed a Plankton Bloom?

What is this 4-propeller plane?

Idiomatic way to prevent slicing?

aging parents with no investments

Could JWST stay at L2 "forever"?

Why isn't airport relocation done gradually?

How was Skylab's orbit inclination chosen?

Can distinct morphisms between curves induce the same morphism on singular cohomology?

Falsification in Math vs Science

"What time...?" or "At what time...?" - what is more grammatically correct?

What does Linus Torvalds mean when he says that Git "never ever" tracks a file?

Geography at the pixel level

What do the Banks children have against barley water?

"To split hairs" vs "To be pedantic"

Why is the maximum length of openwrt’s root password 8 characters?

Manuscript was "unsubmitted" because the manuscript was deposited in Arxiv Preprints

The difference between dialogue marks

How long do I have to send payment?

What is a mixture ratio of propellant?

Why is it "Tumoren" and not "Tumore"?

Inversion Puzzle



Proxychains reverts config file to basic default values after use it



The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InWhy do some applications use ~/.config/appname for their config data while others use ~/.appname?How can I regenerate the default '/etc/' config files?Config File Sequence for ZSH?Editing config file via a bash scriptHow to check Grub2 config file?Standard config file naming pattern and locations?how to use ~/.ssh/config with Windows/PuTTY?proxychains is revealing my public IP, not properly using Tor proxyadd a command to each command (e.g. proxychains each command by default)Chainging proxychains DNS port



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















This is about proxychains in Kali Linux.



I use proxychains on my desktop without any problem, but when I try use it on my laptop I install tor, and proxychains, and I configure proxychains.conf and use it normally. It work only for about 5-10 seconds, them I get error in the terminal like this...



|S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
|DNS-response|: tools.kali.org does not exist
|S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
|S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
|DNS-response|: www.google.com does not exist
|DNS-request| www.facebook.com
|DNS-response|: www.youtube.com does not exist
|DNS-request| www.reddit.com
|DNS-request| www.amazon.co.uk
|S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
|DNS-response|: www.facebook.com does not exist
|DNS-request| www.bbc.co.uk


When I go back to proxychains.conf I see the file was change to default basic values:



strict_chain
proxy_dns
tcp_read_time_out 15000
tcp_connect_time_out 8000
[ProxyList]

socks5 127.0.0.1 10004


Whatever change I make in this file, everything goes back to default after I start proxychains.



I have no idea why the configuration reverts or haw I can stop it from doing so.










share|improve this question









New contributor




Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.


























    0















    This is about proxychains in Kali Linux.



    I use proxychains on my desktop without any problem, but when I try use it on my laptop I install tor, and proxychains, and I configure proxychains.conf and use it normally. It work only for about 5-10 seconds, them I get error in the terminal like this...



    |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
    |DNS-response|: tools.kali.org does not exist
    |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
    |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
    |DNS-response|: www.google.com does not exist
    |DNS-request| www.facebook.com
    |DNS-response|: www.youtube.com does not exist
    |DNS-request| www.reddit.com
    |DNS-request| www.amazon.co.uk
    |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
    |DNS-response|: www.facebook.com does not exist
    |DNS-request| www.bbc.co.uk


    When I go back to proxychains.conf I see the file was change to default basic values:



    strict_chain
    proxy_dns
    tcp_read_time_out 15000
    tcp_connect_time_out 8000
    [ProxyList]

    socks5 127.0.0.1 10004


    Whatever change I make in this file, everything goes back to default after I start proxychains.



    I have no idea why the configuration reverts or haw I can stop it from doing so.










    share|improve this question









    New contributor




    Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
    Check out our Code of Conduct.






















      0












      0








      0








      This is about proxychains in Kali Linux.



      I use proxychains on my desktop without any problem, but when I try use it on my laptop I install tor, and proxychains, and I configure proxychains.conf and use it normally. It work only for about 5-10 seconds, them I get error in the terminal like this...



      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |DNS-response|: tools.kali.org does not exist
      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |DNS-response|: www.google.com does not exist
      |DNS-request| www.facebook.com
      |DNS-response|: www.youtube.com does not exist
      |DNS-request| www.reddit.com
      |DNS-request| www.amazon.co.uk
      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |DNS-response|: www.facebook.com does not exist
      |DNS-request| www.bbc.co.uk


      When I go back to proxychains.conf I see the file was change to default basic values:



      strict_chain
      proxy_dns
      tcp_read_time_out 15000
      tcp_connect_time_out 8000
      [ProxyList]

      socks5 127.0.0.1 10004


      Whatever change I make in this file, everything goes back to default after I start proxychains.



      I have no idea why the configuration reverts or haw I can stop it from doing so.










      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.












      This is about proxychains in Kali Linux.



      I use proxychains on my desktop without any problem, but when I try use it on my laptop I install tor, and proxychains, and I configure proxychains.conf and use it normally. It work only for about 5-10 seconds, them I get error in the terminal like this...



      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |DNS-response|: tools.kali.org does not exist
      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |DNS-response|: www.google.com does not exist
      |DNS-request| www.facebook.com
      |DNS-response|: www.youtube.com does not exist
      |DNS-request| www.reddit.com
      |DNS-request| www.amazon.co.uk
      |S-chain|-<>-127.0.0.1:10004-<--timeout
      |DNS-response|: www.facebook.com does not exist
      |DNS-request| www.bbc.co.uk


      When I go back to proxychains.conf I see the file was change to default basic values:



      strict_chain
      proxy_dns
      tcp_read_time_out 15000
      tcp_connect_time_out 8000
      [ProxyList]

      socks5 127.0.0.1 10004


      Whatever change I make in this file, everything goes back to default after I start proxychains.



      I have no idea why the configuration reverts or haw I can stop it from doing so.







      kali-linux configuration proxychains






      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.











      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 6 at 19:11









      Kusalananda♦

      140k17261436




      140k17261436






      New contributor




      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      asked Apr 6 at 18:34









      Daniel DanDaniel Dan

      1




      1




      New contributor




      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.





      New contributor





      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.






      Daniel Dan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.




















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "106"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: false,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: null,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );






          Daniel Dan is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f510939%2fproxychains-reverts-config-file-to-basic-default-values-after-use-it%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          Daniel Dan is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          Daniel Dan is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












          Daniel Dan is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











          Daniel Dan is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














          Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f510939%2fproxychains-reverts-config-file-to-basic-default-values-after-use-it%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          -configuration, kali-linux, proxychains

          Popular posts from this blog

          Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

          2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

          Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person