Reboot/poweroff an attached computer on reboot/poweroff of master system? The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InMake systemd reload only single openvpn process and not the whole groupmysql service restarted during user being connected lead to failing serviceWhy x0vncserver is not starting at boot?Why is systemd stopping service immediately after it is started?Instruct to execute an unit after completing another unit successfullysystemd: finish the execution of custom shell script before starting nginxRun a script just before poweroff of rebootStopping systemd unit together with another. Starting workssystemd reboot threshold limitCan't properly stop SAP Hana on reboot / shutdown with systemd

Is "plugging out" electronic devices an American expression?

Springs with some finite mass

"What time...?" or "At what time...?" - what is more grammatically correct?

Patience, young "Padovan"

Spanish for "widget"

A poker game description that does not feel gimmicky

Inline version of a function returns different value than non-inline version

Access elements in std::string where positon of string is greater than its size

Does it makes sense to buy a new cycle to learn riding?

How long do I have to send payment?

Why is it "Tumoren" and not "Tumore"?

Why do UK politicians seemingly ignore opinion polls on Brexit?

Does duplicating a spell with Wish count as casting that spell?

Is it possible for the two major parties in the UK to form a coalition with each other instead of a much smaller party?

Landlord wants to switch my lease to a "Land contract" to "get back at the city"

Could JWST stay at L2 "forever"?

How to change the limits of integration

How come people say “Would of”?

Monty Hall variation

Is domain driven design an anti-SQL pattern?

How to create dashed lines/arrows in Illustrator

"Riffle" two strings

Are there any other methods to apply to solving simultaneous equations?

How to make payment on the internet without leaving a money trail?



Reboot/poweroff an attached computer on reboot/poweroff of master system?



The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InMake systemd reload only single openvpn process and not the whole groupmysql service restarted during user being connected lead to failing serviceWhy x0vncserver is not starting at boot?Why is systemd stopping service immediately after it is started?Instruct to execute an unit after completing another unit successfullysystemd: finish the execution of custom shell script before starting nginxRun a script just before poweroff of rebootStopping systemd unit together with another. Starting workssystemd reboot threshold limitCan't properly stop SAP Hana on reboot / shutdown with systemd



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















I have two computers (let's call them master and slave) connected via ethernet with static IP addressing.



What I want to achieve is to reboot slave whenever master is rebooted, and power it off whenever master is powered off.



Both systems are runinng Ubuntu Bionic with systemd.



So far I only concentrated on the rebooting. I created file /lib/systemd/system/restart-jetson.service with the following contents:



[Unit]
Description=Restart Jetson
DefaultDependencies=no
Before=systemd-reboot.service # also tried just reboot.service
Requires=network.target
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/su -c 'echo "nvidia" | /usr/bin/ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no nvidia@%H-jetson "sudo -S reboot"' robot
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=reboot.target


Then I enabled the service with systemctl enable restart-jetson.service and systemctl daemon-reload.



SSH is configured for passwordless login on slave.



If I restart the service from a running system, slave is rebooted. However, rebooting the master system does nothing to the slave. How should I configure this systemd unit correctly?



Other SO posts or tutorials seem like this method should work, but for this particular use-case it doesn't seem to do anything.










share|improve this question



















  • 2





    Is your question, “How do I run a program/script when my system goes down for reboot?”?

    – ctrl-alt-delor
    Apr 6 at 21:29











  • Okay, I'll clarify the quetsion. The fact is other commands can be run using services like this, but the problem is in this particular use-case nothing happens.

    – Martin Pecka
    Apr 6 at 22:14

















1















I have two computers (let's call them master and slave) connected via ethernet with static IP addressing.



What I want to achieve is to reboot slave whenever master is rebooted, and power it off whenever master is powered off.



Both systems are runinng Ubuntu Bionic with systemd.



So far I only concentrated on the rebooting. I created file /lib/systemd/system/restart-jetson.service with the following contents:



[Unit]
Description=Restart Jetson
DefaultDependencies=no
Before=systemd-reboot.service # also tried just reboot.service
Requires=network.target
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/su -c 'echo "nvidia" | /usr/bin/ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no nvidia@%H-jetson "sudo -S reboot"' robot
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=reboot.target


Then I enabled the service with systemctl enable restart-jetson.service and systemctl daemon-reload.



SSH is configured for passwordless login on slave.



If I restart the service from a running system, slave is rebooted. However, rebooting the master system does nothing to the slave. How should I configure this systemd unit correctly?



Other SO posts or tutorials seem like this method should work, but for this particular use-case it doesn't seem to do anything.










share|improve this question



















  • 2





    Is your question, “How do I run a program/script when my system goes down for reboot?”?

    – ctrl-alt-delor
    Apr 6 at 21:29











  • Okay, I'll clarify the quetsion. The fact is other commands can be run using services like this, but the problem is in this particular use-case nothing happens.

    – Martin Pecka
    Apr 6 at 22:14













1












1








1








I have two computers (let's call them master and slave) connected via ethernet with static IP addressing.



What I want to achieve is to reboot slave whenever master is rebooted, and power it off whenever master is powered off.



Both systems are runinng Ubuntu Bionic with systemd.



So far I only concentrated on the rebooting. I created file /lib/systemd/system/restart-jetson.service with the following contents:



[Unit]
Description=Restart Jetson
DefaultDependencies=no
Before=systemd-reboot.service # also tried just reboot.service
Requires=network.target
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/su -c 'echo "nvidia" | /usr/bin/ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no nvidia@%H-jetson "sudo -S reboot"' robot
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=reboot.target


Then I enabled the service with systemctl enable restart-jetson.service and systemctl daemon-reload.



SSH is configured for passwordless login on slave.



If I restart the service from a running system, slave is rebooted. However, rebooting the master system does nothing to the slave. How should I configure this systemd unit correctly?



Other SO posts or tutorials seem like this method should work, but for this particular use-case it doesn't seem to do anything.










share|improve this question
















I have two computers (let's call them master and slave) connected via ethernet with static IP addressing.



What I want to achieve is to reboot slave whenever master is rebooted, and power it off whenever master is powered off.



Both systems are runinng Ubuntu Bionic with systemd.



So far I only concentrated on the rebooting. I created file /lib/systemd/system/restart-jetson.service with the following contents:



[Unit]
Description=Restart Jetson
DefaultDependencies=no
Before=systemd-reboot.service # also tried just reboot.service
Requires=network.target
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/su -c 'echo "nvidia" | /usr/bin/ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no nvidia@%H-jetson "sudo -S reboot"' robot
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=reboot.target


Then I enabled the service with systemctl enable restart-jetson.service and systemctl daemon-reload.



SSH is configured for passwordless login on slave.



If I restart the service from a running system, slave is rebooted. However, rebooting the master system does nothing to the slave. How should I configure this systemd unit correctly?



Other SO posts or tutorials seem like this method should work, but for this particular use-case it doesn't seem to do anything.







systemd reboot






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 6 at 22:15







Martin Pecka

















asked Apr 6 at 21:20









Martin PeckaMartin Pecka

215214




215214







  • 2





    Is your question, “How do I run a program/script when my system goes down for reboot?”?

    – ctrl-alt-delor
    Apr 6 at 21:29











  • Okay, I'll clarify the quetsion. The fact is other commands can be run using services like this, but the problem is in this particular use-case nothing happens.

    – Martin Pecka
    Apr 6 at 22:14












  • 2





    Is your question, “How do I run a program/script when my system goes down for reboot?”?

    – ctrl-alt-delor
    Apr 6 at 21:29











  • Okay, I'll clarify the quetsion. The fact is other commands can be run using services like this, but the problem is in this particular use-case nothing happens.

    – Martin Pecka
    Apr 6 at 22:14







2




2





Is your question, “How do I run a program/script when my system goes down for reboot?”?

– ctrl-alt-delor
Apr 6 at 21:29





Is your question, “How do I run a program/script when my system goes down for reboot?”?

– ctrl-alt-delor
Apr 6 at 21:29













Okay, I'll clarify the quetsion. The fact is other commands can be run using services like this, but the problem is in this particular use-case nothing happens.

– Martin Pecka
Apr 6 at 22:14





Okay, I'll clarify the quetsion. The fact is other commands can be run using services like this, but the problem is in this particular use-case nothing happens.

– Martin Pecka
Apr 6 at 22:14










0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "106"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f510952%2freboot-poweroff-an-attached-computer-on-reboot-poweroff-of-master-system%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f510952%2freboot-poweroff-an-attached-computer-on-reboot-poweroff-of-master-system%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







-reboot, systemd

Popular posts from this blog

Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person