Suffixes -unt and -ut- The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InHow does one say “What do you mean?” in Esperanto?How to translate “I took two pictures”?How does one translate “to make someone do something”?Is Ni povas fari ĝin! a good translation of “We can do it”?How do you say “play hard to get” in Esperanto?Short and concise way of saying “Don't we all.”Are there any professional Esperanto translators?How do you translate a row of infinitive words in Esperanto?General rule for translating a combined word like “fish farm” “car factory” “dog story”Need help in translation for a letter written to my grandfather in esperanto

Spanish for "widget"

How was Skylab's orbit inclination chosen?

Inflated grade on resume at previous job, might former employer tell new employer?

If the Wish spell is used to duplicate the effect of Simulacrum, are existing duplicates destroyed?

I see my dog run

Which Sci-Fi work first showed weapon of galactic-scale mass destruction?

Geography at the pixel level

What is the steepest angle that a canal can be traversable without locks?

Should I write numbers in words or as numerals when there are multiple next to each other?

The difference between dialogue marks

Limit the amount of RAM Mathematica may access?

What is the best strategy for white in this position?

What tool would a Roman-age civilization have to grind silver and other metals into dust?

How can I create a character who can assume the widest possible range of creature sizes?

Access elements in std::string where positon of string is greater than its size

Where does the "burst of radiance" from Holy Weapon originate?

JSON.serialize: is it possible to suppress null values of a map?

How long do I have to send payment?

Why could you hear an Amstrad CPC working?

Limit to 0 ambiguity

On the insanity of kings as an argument against monarchy

How come people say “Would of”?

What do the Banks children have against barley water?

Manuscript was "unsubmitted" because the manuscript was deposited in Arxiv Preprints



Suffixes -unt and -ut-



The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InHow does one say “What do you mean?” in Esperanto?How to translate “I took two pictures”?How does one translate “to make someone do something”?Is Ni povas fari ĝin! a good translation of “We can do it”?How do you say “play hard to get” in Esperanto?Short and concise way of saying “Don't we all.”Are there any professional Esperanto translators?How do you translate a row of infinitive words in Esperanto?General rule for translating a combined word like “fish farm” “car factory” “dog story”Need help in translation for a letter written to my grandfather in esperanto










3















I just discovered the two conditional suffixes on vortaro.net:




  • -ut- : la ofendutoj pardonu!


  • -unt- : eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!

But I don't understand the given exemples. Can someone help me translate, please ?










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    I comment instead of answering, as it is no direct answer to your question: The conditional suffixes are generally seen as being against the norm (the Fundamento grammar, §6, fixes the morpholgy of the verb; besides that it would be illogical to put mood into a verbal form that expresses relative time), and they are hardly ever used (and then often in a joking tone). I highly recommend not to use them at all

    – Cyril Robert Brosch
    yesterday















3















I just discovered the two conditional suffixes on vortaro.net:




  • -ut- : la ofendutoj pardonu!


  • -unt- : eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!

But I don't understand the given exemples. Can someone help me translate, please ?










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    I comment instead of answering, as it is no direct answer to your question: The conditional suffixes are generally seen as being against the norm (the Fundamento grammar, §6, fixes the morpholgy of the verb; besides that it would be illogical to put mood into a verbal form that expresses relative time), and they are hardly ever used (and then often in a joking tone). I highly recommend not to use them at all

    – Cyril Robert Brosch
    yesterday













3












3








3








I just discovered the two conditional suffixes on vortaro.net:




  • -ut- : la ofendutoj pardonu!


  • -unt- : eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!

But I don't understand the given exemples. Can someone help me translate, please ?










share|improve this question














I just discovered the two conditional suffixes on vortaro.net:




  • -ut- : la ofendutoj pardonu!


  • -unt- : eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!

But I don't understand the given exemples. Can someone help me translate, please ?







translation






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked 2 days ago









LepticedLepticed

205




205







  • 1





    I comment instead of answering, as it is no direct answer to your question: The conditional suffixes are generally seen as being against the norm (the Fundamento grammar, §6, fixes the morpholgy of the verb; besides that it would be illogical to put mood into a verbal form that expresses relative time), and they are hardly ever used (and then often in a joking tone). I highly recommend not to use them at all

    – Cyril Robert Brosch
    yesterday












  • 1





    I comment instead of answering, as it is no direct answer to your question: The conditional suffixes are generally seen as being against the norm (the Fundamento grammar, §6, fixes the morpholgy of the verb; besides that it would be illogical to put mood into a verbal form that expresses relative time), and they are hardly ever used (and then often in a joking tone). I highly recommend not to use them at all

    – Cyril Robert Brosch
    yesterday







1




1





I comment instead of answering, as it is no direct answer to your question: The conditional suffixes are generally seen as being against the norm (the Fundamento grammar, §6, fixes the morpholgy of the verb; besides that it would be illogical to put mood into a verbal form that expresses relative time), and they are hardly ever used (and then often in a joking tone). I highly recommend not to use them at all

– Cyril Robert Brosch
yesterday





I comment instead of answering, as it is no direct answer to your question: The conditional suffixes are generally seen as being against the norm (the Fundamento grammar, §6, fixes the morpholgy of the verb; besides that it would be illogical to put mood into a verbal form that expresses relative time), and they are hardly ever used (and then often in a joking tone). I highly recommend not to use them at all

– Cyril Robert Brosch
yesterday










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















5















la ofendutoj pardonu




According to the definition in PIV, and much like other participles, ofenduto means iu, kiun oni ofendus; just like ofendito means iu, kiun oni ofendis. Thus la ofendutoj pardonu means more or less ‘Those who would be offended should forgive.’




eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!




I have no idea what this means either, even without the -unt-participle. But perfidunta means ‘such that it would betray’. So perfidunta homo = homo, kiu perfidus iun.



EDIT: As Vincent Oostelbos pointed out, the example sentence probably should be parsed as follows:




Mi volas ŝin, eĉ perfiduntan, mia!




Thus this would mean something like: ‘I want her to be mine, even if she would betray me.’






share|improve this answer




















  • 1





    I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

    – Vincent Oostelbos
    2 days ago







  • 1





    Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

    – Joffysloffy
    2 days ago












Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "662"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fesperanto.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f5236%2fsuffixes-unt-and-ut%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









5















la ofendutoj pardonu




According to the definition in PIV, and much like other participles, ofenduto means iu, kiun oni ofendus; just like ofendito means iu, kiun oni ofendis. Thus la ofendutoj pardonu means more or less ‘Those who would be offended should forgive.’




eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!




I have no idea what this means either, even without the -unt-participle. But perfidunta means ‘such that it would betray’. So perfidunta homo = homo, kiu perfidus iun.



EDIT: As Vincent Oostelbos pointed out, the example sentence probably should be parsed as follows:




Mi volas ŝin, eĉ perfiduntan, mia!




Thus this would mean something like: ‘I want her to be mine, even if she would betray me.’






share|improve this answer




















  • 1





    I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

    – Vincent Oostelbos
    2 days ago







  • 1





    Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

    – Joffysloffy
    2 days ago
















5















la ofendutoj pardonu




According to the definition in PIV, and much like other participles, ofenduto means iu, kiun oni ofendus; just like ofendito means iu, kiun oni ofendis. Thus la ofendutoj pardonu means more or less ‘Those who would be offended should forgive.’




eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!




I have no idea what this means either, even without the -unt-participle. But perfidunta means ‘such that it would betray’. So perfidunta homo = homo, kiu perfidus iun.



EDIT: As Vincent Oostelbos pointed out, the example sentence probably should be parsed as follows:




Mi volas ŝin, eĉ perfiduntan, mia!




Thus this would mean something like: ‘I want her to be mine, even if she would betray me.’






share|improve this answer




















  • 1





    I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

    – Vincent Oostelbos
    2 days ago







  • 1





    Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

    – Joffysloffy
    2 days ago














5












5








5








la ofendutoj pardonu




According to the definition in PIV, and much like other participles, ofenduto means iu, kiun oni ofendus; just like ofendito means iu, kiun oni ofendis. Thus la ofendutoj pardonu means more or less ‘Those who would be offended should forgive.’




eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!




I have no idea what this means either, even without the -unt-participle. But perfidunta means ‘such that it would betray’. So perfidunta homo = homo, kiu perfidus iun.



EDIT: As Vincent Oostelbos pointed out, the example sentence probably should be parsed as follows:




Mi volas ŝin, eĉ perfiduntan, mia!




Thus this would mean something like: ‘I want her to be mine, even if she would betray me.’






share|improve this answer
















la ofendutoj pardonu




According to the definition in PIV, and much like other participles, ofenduto means iu, kiun oni ofendus; just like ofendito means iu, kiun oni ofendis. Thus la ofendutoj pardonu means more or less ‘Those who would be offended should forgive.’




eĉ perfiduntan mi ŝin volas mia!




I have no idea what this means either, even without the -unt-participle. But perfidunta means ‘such that it would betray’. So perfidunta homo = homo, kiu perfidus iun.



EDIT: As Vincent Oostelbos pointed out, the example sentence probably should be parsed as follows:




Mi volas ŝin, eĉ perfiduntan, mia!




Thus this would mean something like: ‘I want her to be mine, even if she would betray me.’







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited 2 days ago

























answered 2 days ago









JoffysloffyJoffysloffy

3,6981130




3,6981130







  • 1





    I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

    – Vincent Oostelbos
    2 days ago







  • 1





    Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

    – Joffysloffy
    2 days ago













  • 1





    I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

    – Vincent Oostelbos
    2 days ago







  • 1





    Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

    – Joffysloffy
    2 days ago








1




1





I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

– Vincent Oostelbos
2 days ago






I think perfidunta(n) would be something like 'such that one would betray', as you wrote. This would describe the 'ŝin' in the sentence, so the whole thing would be something like: Even (with her) being in a state where she would betray (me), I want her as mine! A more natural translation would be, Even if she would betray me, I want her to be mine!

– Vincent Oostelbos
2 days ago





1




1





Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

– Joffysloffy
2 days ago






Oh, yes, that makes sense. The sentence is very weirdly phrased so I really could not parse it, but thank you! I think that makes sense and I'll add it to the answer for completeness sake.

– Joffysloffy
2 days ago


















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Esperanto Language Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fesperanto.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f5236%2fsuffixes-unt-and-ut%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







-translation

Popular posts from this blog

Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person