Installing .deb (Brackets.Release.1.13.64-bit.deb) package in arch Linux The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InInstalling a .deb package on Arch - Is it possible?local package cache for arch linuxEnvironment for creating a packagedebootstrap terminates partway through with “stdin: not in compressed format”Determine if a package is provided by an installed packagein Arch LinuxConvert pacman package to deb or rpm?Which mirror did I download the Arch Linux package database from?How to update an Arch Linux PKGBUILD file for new version (printer driver)?“Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate” error when Building Arch Linux PackageHow to compile Neofetch (from git) in arch Linux?

Why isn't airport relocation done gradually?

A poker game description that does not feel gimmicky

"To split hairs" vs "To be pedantic"

I see my dog run

What tool would a Roman-age civilization have to grind silver and other metals into dust?

"Riffle" two strings

Is there a name of the flying bionic bird?

Access elements in std::string where positon of string is greater than its size

How to manage monthly salary

CiviEvent: Public link for events of a specific type

How to make payment on the internet without leaving a money trail?

How can I fix this gap between bookcases I made?

What is the best strategy for white in this position?

Idiomatic way to prevent slicing?

What could be the right powersource for 15 seconds lifespan disposable giant chainsaw?

How to deal with fear of taking dependencies

aging parents with no investments

Is three citations per paragraph excessive for undergraduate research paper?

Does it makes sense to buy a new cycle to learn riding?

What does "rabbited" mean/imply in this sentence?

Could JWST stay at L2 "forever"?

Pristine Bit Checking

What can other administrators access on my machine?

Understanding the implication of what "well-defined" means for the operation in quotient group



Installing .deb (Brackets.Release.1.13.64-bit.deb) package in arch Linux



The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InInstalling a .deb package on Arch - Is it possible?local package cache for arch linuxEnvironment for creating a packagedebootstrap terminates partway through with “stdin: not in compressed format”Determine if a package is provided by an installed packagein Arch LinuxConvert pacman package to deb or rpm?Which mirror did I download the Arch Linux package database from?How to update an Arch Linux PKGBUILD file for new version (printer driver)?“Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate” error when Building Arch Linux PackageHow to compile Neofetch (from git) in arch Linux?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















The latest release of Brackets (v1.13) is not available in the AUR. So I downloaded the official .deb package from the official site. Now how do I go about installing it ? Do I have to write a PKGBUILD? I won't know it's dependency and all.
I have converted it to an arch package with Debtap.
But pacman -U <Convertedpackage.tar.xz> throws unresolvable dependency for the following:



 warning: cannot resolve "libudev>=147", a dependency of "brackets"
warning: cannot resolve "lsb-base>=3.2", a dependency of "brackets"


How should I go about this ?










share|improve this question
























  • Convert to a tar.gz file using alien. Then extract in a directory, check the binaries with ldd to make sure you have what they need, and then move files/directories around as needed. Personally I'd put 'em under /opt and manually link binaries, etc to appropriate places under /usr or /usr/local

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan , is it working for you ?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago











  • no, I use Debian and Mint, so ... But this is how I've used packages from other distros successfully in the past.

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan, I considered that manual method but you see I already have v1.12 installed. So that means will it involve replacing the existing file of v1.12 . Isn't it?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago

















0















The latest release of Brackets (v1.13) is not available in the AUR. So I downloaded the official .deb package from the official site. Now how do I go about installing it ? Do I have to write a PKGBUILD? I won't know it's dependency and all.
I have converted it to an arch package with Debtap.
But pacman -U <Convertedpackage.tar.xz> throws unresolvable dependency for the following:



 warning: cannot resolve "libudev>=147", a dependency of "brackets"
warning: cannot resolve "lsb-base>=3.2", a dependency of "brackets"


How should I go about this ?










share|improve this question
























  • Convert to a tar.gz file using alien. Then extract in a directory, check the binaries with ldd to make sure you have what they need, and then move files/directories around as needed. Personally I'd put 'em under /opt and manually link binaries, etc to appropriate places under /usr or /usr/local

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan , is it working for you ?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago











  • no, I use Debian and Mint, so ... But this is how I've used packages from other distros successfully in the past.

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan, I considered that manual method but you see I already have v1.12 installed. So that means will it involve replacing the existing file of v1.12 . Isn't it?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago













0












0








0








The latest release of Brackets (v1.13) is not available in the AUR. So I downloaded the official .deb package from the official site. Now how do I go about installing it ? Do I have to write a PKGBUILD? I won't know it's dependency and all.
I have converted it to an arch package with Debtap.
But pacman -U <Convertedpackage.tar.xz> throws unresolvable dependency for the following:



 warning: cannot resolve "libudev>=147", a dependency of "brackets"
warning: cannot resolve "lsb-base>=3.2", a dependency of "brackets"


How should I go about this ?










share|improve this question
















The latest release of Brackets (v1.13) is not available in the AUR. So I downloaded the official .deb package from the official site. Now how do I go about installing it ? Do I have to write a PKGBUILD? I won't know it's dependency and all.
I have converted it to an arch package with Debtap.
But pacman -U <Convertedpackage.tar.xz> throws unresolvable dependency for the following:



 warning: cannot resolve "libudev>=147", a dependency of "brackets"
warning: cannot resolve "lsb-base>=3.2", a dependency of "brackets"


How should I go about this ?







arch-linux pacman deb pkgbuild makepkg






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 2 days ago









Prabhjot Singh

107213




107213










asked Apr 6 at 22:00









Just KhaithangJust Khaithang

207




207












  • Convert to a tar.gz file using alien. Then extract in a directory, check the binaries with ldd to make sure you have what they need, and then move files/directories around as needed. Personally I'd put 'em under /opt and manually link binaries, etc to appropriate places under /usr or /usr/local

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan , is it working for you ?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago











  • no, I use Debian and Mint, so ... But this is how I've used packages from other distros successfully in the past.

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan, I considered that manual method but you see I already have v1.12 installed. So that means will it involve replacing the existing file of v1.12 . Isn't it?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago

















  • Convert to a tar.gz file using alien. Then extract in a directory, check the binaries with ldd to make sure you have what they need, and then move files/directories around as needed. Personally I'd put 'em under /opt and manually link binaries, etc to appropriate places under /usr or /usr/local

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan , is it working for you ?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago











  • no, I use Debian and Mint, so ... But this is how I've used packages from other distros successfully in the past.

    – ivanivan
    2 days ago











  • @ivanivan, I considered that manual method but you see I already have v1.12 installed. So that means will it involve replacing the existing file of v1.12 . Isn't it?

    – Just Khaithang
    2 days ago
















Convert to a tar.gz file using alien. Then extract in a directory, check the binaries with ldd to make sure you have what they need, and then move files/directories around as needed. Personally I'd put 'em under /opt and manually link binaries, etc to appropriate places under /usr or /usr/local

– ivanivan
2 days ago





Convert to a tar.gz file using alien. Then extract in a directory, check the binaries with ldd to make sure you have what they need, and then move files/directories around as needed. Personally I'd put 'em under /opt and manually link binaries, etc to appropriate places under /usr or /usr/local

– ivanivan
2 days ago













@ivanivan , is it working for you ?

– Just Khaithang
2 days ago





@ivanivan , is it working for you ?

– Just Khaithang
2 days ago













no, I use Debian and Mint, so ... But this is how I've used packages from other distros successfully in the past.

– ivanivan
2 days ago





no, I use Debian and Mint, so ... But this is how I've used packages from other distros successfully in the past.

– ivanivan
2 days ago













@ivanivan, I considered that manual method but you see I already have v1.12 installed. So that means will it involve replacing the existing file of v1.12 . Isn't it?

– Just Khaithang
2 days ago





@ivanivan, I considered that manual method but you see I already have v1.12 installed. So that means will it involve replacing the existing file of v1.12 . Isn't it?

– Just Khaithang
2 days ago










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














Okay it seems Brackets 1.13 have some issues in arch linux
There are two provider for Brackets 1.12 in AUR and both have been flagged old because v1.13 was released more than six months ago.



link- http://blog.brackets.io/2018/06/18/brackets-1-13-is-now-available/



I should have checked the pinned comment by the maintainer.



link - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brackets-bin/



Also this.
http://github.com/adobe/brackets/issues/14485



So, currently, Brackets 1.13 breaks down in arch Linux and they are waiting for the fix from the upstream providers.






share|improve this answer

























    Your Answer








    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "106"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: false,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: null,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f510955%2finstalling-deb-brackets-release-1-13-64-bit-deb-package-in-arch-linux%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    Okay it seems Brackets 1.13 have some issues in arch linux
    There are two provider for Brackets 1.12 in AUR and both have been flagged old because v1.13 was released more than six months ago.



    link- http://blog.brackets.io/2018/06/18/brackets-1-13-is-now-available/



    I should have checked the pinned comment by the maintainer.



    link - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brackets-bin/



    Also this.
    http://github.com/adobe/brackets/issues/14485



    So, currently, Brackets 1.13 breaks down in arch Linux and they are waiting for the fix from the upstream providers.






    share|improve this answer





























      0














      Okay it seems Brackets 1.13 have some issues in arch linux
      There are two provider for Brackets 1.12 in AUR and both have been flagged old because v1.13 was released more than six months ago.



      link- http://blog.brackets.io/2018/06/18/brackets-1-13-is-now-available/



      I should have checked the pinned comment by the maintainer.



      link - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brackets-bin/



      Also this.
      http://github.com/adobe/brackets/issues/14485



      So, currently, Brackets 1.13 breaks down in arch Linux and they are waiting for the fix from the upstream providers.






      share|improve this answer



























        0












        0








        0







        Okay it seems Brackets 1.13 have some issues in arch linux
        There are two provider for Brackets 1.12 in AUR and both have been flagged old because v1.13 was released more than six months ago.



        link- http://blog.brackets.io/2018/06/18/brackets-1-13-is-now-available/



        I should have checked the pinned comment by the maintainer.



        link - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brackets-bin/



        Also this.
        http://github.com/adobe/brackets/issues/14485



        So, currently, Brackets 1.13 breaks down in arch Linux and they are waiting for the fix from the upstream providers.






        share|improve this answer















        Okay it seems Brackets 1.13 have some issues in arch linux
        There are two provider for Brackets 1.12 in AUR and both have been flagged old because v1.13 was released more than six months ago.



        link- http://blog.brackets.io/2018/06/18/brackets-1-13-is-now-available/



        I should have checked the pinned comment by the maintainer.



        link - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brackets-bin/



        Also this.
        http://github.com/adobe/brackets/issues/14485



        So, currently, Brackets 1.13 breaks down in arch Linux and they are waiting for the fix from the upstream providers.







        share|improve this answer














        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer








        edited yesterday

























        answered 2 days ago









        Just KhaithangJust Khaithang

        207




        207



























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f510955%2finstalling-deb-brackets-release-1-13-64-bit-deb-package-in-arch-linux%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            -arch-linux, deb, makepkg, pacman, pkgbuild

            Popular posts from this blog

            Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

            2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

            Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person