Why can I not open gparted from the command line? The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InWill Wayland ever support graphical sudo?Structure of graphical modules in Linux LubuntuForwarding X11 not working - Error: Can't open display: localhost:11.0Best way to connect to all X displayswhy can I not see the unallocated space in gpartedHow to grow filesystem to use unallocated space in partition?Start standalone full-screen google chrome apps by command lineGoogle Chrome on Ubuntu serverCan only mount with gpartedweb browsers zoom in by default in Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTSGParted PXE Boot Fails at Root FS mount - Kernel Panic

How to make payment on the internet without leaving a money trail?

Does duplicating a spell with Wish count as casting that spell?

On the insanity of kings as an argument against monarchy

Why could you hear an Amstrad CPC working?

Pristine Bit Checking

It's possible to achieve negative score?

Is this food a bread or a loaf?

Inflated grade on resume at previous job, might former employer tell new employer?

Where to refill my bottle in India?

"To split hairs" vs "To be pedantic"

Inline version of a function returns different value then non-inline version

How to change the limits of integration

Is bread bad for ducks?

Time travel alters history but people keep saying nothing's changed

Why don't Unix/Linux systems traverse through directories until they find the required version of a linked library?

A poker game description that does not feel gimmicky

Is there a name of the flying bionic bird?

What tool would a Roman-age civilization have to grind silver and other metals into dust?

What are the motivations for publishing new editions of an existing textbook, beyond new discoveries in a field?

Does light intensity oscillate really fast since it is a wave?

Manuscript was "unsubmitted" because the manuscript was deposited in Arxiv Preprints

Why can Shazam do this?

Are there any other methods to apply to solving simultaneous equations?

Is it possible for the two major parties in the UK to form a coalition with each other instead of a much smaller party?



Why can I not open gparted from the command line?



The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InWill Wayland ever support graphical sudo?Structure of graphical modules in Linux LubuntuForwarding X11 not working - Error: Can't open display: localhost:11.0Best way to connect to all X displayswhy can I not see the unallocated space in gpartedHow to grow filesystem to use unallocated space in partition?Start standalone full-screen google chrome apps by command lineGoogle Chrome on Ubuntu serverCan only mount with gpartedweb browsers zoom in by default in Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTSGParted PXE Boot Fails at Root FS mount - Kernel Panic



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















I seem to be unable to start gparted from the command line. I am using Trisquel 8 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) with LXDE. If I try to open it, I get the following error and nothing happens:



$ sudo gparted

(gpartedbin:7820): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:


However, it seems to open fine from the graphical application menu.



I searched a bit online and one recommendation was to try:



xhost +localhost


However, that didn't help. Apparently, it seems there can be an issue with opening gtk applications from the command line as root in Wayland; however, I am using X11. This is just on a local laptop - no ssh-ing or remote systems involved.



It seems strange, because I have always been able to open gparted from the command line in the past. I have also tried re-installing gparted and that didn't seem to help.



Update:



Following meuh's suggestions in the comments, I added DISPLAY=:0 to the /etc/environment file, so it should be passed when using sudo. However, I am still experiencing an error, but it has now changed:



$ sudo gparted
No protocol specified

(gpartedbin:5549): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


It seems that the DISPLAY variable is now being passed, but I'm not sure what that 'no protocol' message means.










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    Looks like the environment variable DISPLAY is not set (it should be seen following the error message "...display:"). Try DISPLAY=:0 sudo gparted or if that fails, sudo sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 exec gparted'

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:48












  • Hmm. The DISPLAY variable was already set to ':0' and it wasn't working. However, the method of using sh and exec did work. Strange.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:53











  • The /etc/sudoers file can configure what variables are passed through the sudo command. Look for env_keep in the file. Try sudo -ll to list the current setting for you.

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:55











  • @meuh I added DISPLAY=:0 to /etc/environment, so that variable should be passed with sudo; however, I am still getting the error, but it has changed. I will update my question with the details.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:14











  • Does it work without sudo from the terminal? I get the same error as you with sudo, but without it I get an authentication pop up to type root password and everything works properly. I'm still trying to understand this myself.

    – Paul H.
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:53

















0















I seem to be unable to start gparted from the command line. I am using Trisquel 8 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) with LXDE. If I try to open it, I get the following error and nothing happens:



$ sudo gparted

(gpartedbin:7820): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:


However, it seems to open fine from the graphical application menu.



I searched a bit online and one recommendation was to try:



xhost +localhost


However, that didn't help. Apparently, it seems there can be an issue with opening gtk applications from the command line as root in Wayland; however, I am using X11. This is just on a local laptop - no ssh-ing or remote systems involved.



It seems strange, because I have always been able to open gparted from the command line in the past. I have also tried re-installing gparted and that didn't seem to help.



Update:



Following meuh's suggestions in the comments, I added DISPLAY=:0 to the /etc/environment file, so it should be passed when using sudo. However, I am still experiencing an error, but it has now changed:



$ sudo gparted
No protocol specified

(gpartedbin:5549): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


It seems that the DISPLAY variable is now being passed, but I'm not sure what that 'no protocol' message means.










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    Looks like the environment variable DISPLAY is not set (it should be seen following the error message "...display:"). Try DISPLAY=:0 sudo gparted or if that fails, sudo sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 exec gparted'

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:48












  • Hmm. The DISPLAY variable was already set to ':0' and it wasn't working. However, the method of using sh and exec did work. Strange.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:53











  • The /etc/sudoers file can configure what variables are passed through the sudo command. Look for env_keep in the file. Try sudo -ll to list the current setting for you.

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:55











  • @meuh I added DISPLAY=:0 to /etc/environment, so that variable should be passed with sudo; however, I am still getting the error, but it has changed. I will update my question with the details.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:14











  • Does it work without sudo from the terminal? I get the same error as you with sudo, but without it I get an authentication pop up to type root password and everything works properly. I'm still trying to understand this myself.

    – Paul H.
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:53













0












0








0








I seem to be unable to start gparted from the command line. I am using Trisquel 8 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) with LXDE. If I try to open it, I get the following error and nothing happens:



$ sudo gparted

(gpartedbin:7820): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:


However, it seems to open fine from the graphical application menu.



I searched a bit online and one recommendation was to try:



xhost +localhost


However, that didn't help. Apparently, it seems there can be an issue with opening gtk applications from the command line as root in Wayland; however, I am using X11. This is just on a local laptop - no ssh-ing or remote systems involved.



It seems strange, because I have always been able to open gparted from the command line in the past. I have also tried re-installing gparted and that didn't seem to help.



Update:



Following meuh's suggestions in the comments, I added DISPLAY=:0 to the /etc/environment file, so it should be passed when using sudo. However, I am still experiencing an error, but it has now changed:



$ sudo gparted
No protocol specified

(gpartedbin:5549): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


It seems that the DISPLAY variable is now being passed, but I'm not sure what that 'no protocol' message means.










share|improve this question
















I seem to be unable to start gparted from the command line. I am using Trisquel 8 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) with LXDE. If I try to open it, I get the following error and nothing happens:



$ sudo gparted

(gpartedbin:7820): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:


However, it seems to open fine from the graphical application menu.



I searched a bit online and one recommendation was to try:



xhost +localhost


However, that didn't help. Apparently, it seems there can be an issue with opening gtk applications from the command line as root in Wayland; however, I am using X11. This is just on a local laptop - no ssh-ing or remote systems involved.



It seems strange, because I have always been able to open gparted from the command line in the past. I have also tried re-installing gparted and that didn't seem to help.



Update:



Following meuh's suggestions in the comments, I added DISPLAY=:0 to the /etc/environment file, so it should be passed when using sudo. However, I am still experiencing an error, but it has now changed:



$ sudo gparted
No protocol specified

(gpartedbin:5549): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


It seems that the DISPLAY variable is now being passed, but I'm not sure what that 'no protocol' message means.







x11 gparted






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Feb 18 '18 at 19:17







Time4Tea

















asked Feb 18 '18 at 16:18









Time4TeaTime4Tea

1,145325




1,145325







  • 1





    Looks like the environment variable DISPLAY is not set (it should be seen following the error message "...display:"). Try DISPLAY=:0 sudo gparted or if that fails, sudo sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 exec gparted'

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:48












  • Hmm. The DISPLAY variable was already set to ':0' and it wasn't working. However, the method of using sh and exec did work. Strange.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:53











  • The /etc/sudoers file can configure what variables are passed through the sudo command. Look for env_keep in the file. Try sudo -ll to list the current setting for you.

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:55











  • @meuh I added DISPLAY=:0 to /etc/environment, so that variable should be passed with sudo; however, I am still getting the error, but it has changed. I will update my question with the details.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:14











  • Does it work without sudo from the terminal? I get the same error as you with sudo, but without it I get an authentication pop up to type root password and everything works properly. I'm still trying to understand this myself.

    – Paul H.
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:53












  • 1





    Looks like the environment variable DISPLAY is not set (it should be seen following the error message "...display:"). Try DISPLAY=:0 sudo gparted or if that fails, sudo sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 exec gparted'

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:48












  • Hmm. The DISPLAY variable was already set to ':0' and it wasn't working. However, the method of using sh and exec did work. Strange.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:53











  • The /etc/sudoers file can configure what variables are passed through the sudo command. Look for env_keep in the file. Try sudo -ll to list the current setting for you.

    – meuh
    Feb 18 '18 at 16:55











  • @meuh I added DISPLAY=:0 to /etc/environment, so that variable should be passed with sudo; however, I am still getting the error, but it has changed. I will update my question with the details.

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:14











  • Does it work without sudo from the terminal? I get the same error as you with sudo, but without it I get an authentication pop up to type root password and everything works properly. I'm still trying to understand this myself.

    – Paul H.
    Feb 18 '18 at 19:53







1




1





Looks like the environment variable DISPLAY is not set (it should be seen following the error message "...display:"). Try DISPLAY=:0 sudo gparted or if that fails, sudo sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 exec gparted'

– meuh
Feb 18 '18 at 16:48






Looks like the environment variable DISPLAY is not set (it should be seen following the error message "...display:"). Try DISPLAY=:0 sudo gparted or if that fails, sudo sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 exec gparted'

– meuh
Feb 18 '18 at 16:48














Hmm. The DISPLAY variable was already set to ':0' and it wasn't working. However, the method of using sh and exec did work. Strange.

– Time4Tea
Feb 18 '18 at 16:53





Hmm. The DISPLAY variable was already set to ':0' and it wasn't working. However, the method of using sh and exec did work. Strange.

– Time4Tea
Feb 18 '18 at 16:53













The /etc/sudoers file can configure what variables are passed through the sudo command. Look for env_keep in the file. Try sudo -ll to list the current setting for you.

– meuh
Feb 18 '18 at 16:55





The /etc/sudoers file can configure what variables are passed through the sudo command. Look for env_keep in the file. Try sudo -ll to list the current setting for you.

– meuh
Feb 18 '18 at 16:55













@meuh I added DISPLAY=:0 to /etc/environment, so that variable should be passed with sudo; however, I am still getting the error, but it has changed. I will update my question with the details.

– Time4Tea
Feb 18 '18 at 19:14





@meuh I added DISPLAY=:0 to /etc/environment, so that variable should be passed with sudo; however, I am still getting the error, but it has changed. I will update my question with the details.

– Time4Tea
Feb 18 '18 at 19:14













Does it work without sudo from the terminal? I get the same error as you with sudo, but without it I get an authentication pop up to type root password and everything works properly. I'm still trying to understand this myself.

– Paul H.
Feb 18 '18 at 19:53





Does it work without sudo from the terminal? I get the same error as you with sudo, but without it I get an authentication pop up to type root password and everything works properly. I'm still trying to understand this myself.

– Paul H.
Feb 18 '18 at 19:53










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes


















2














To access X you need environment variables DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY. Depending on setup, sudo may delete them. You can check that with sudo env to see the environment variables.



To preserve your users environment, you can use sudo -E. That has the pitfall setting HOME to your users home, and config files may get wrong file permissions. However, to avoid that, sudo -H sets HOME to /root.



Combine this for gparted:



sudo -EH gparted


Only desired variables can be set with:



sudo env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY gparted



Error messages:



cannot open display: means DISPLAY is empty or does not exist.



no protocol specified means DISPLAYis set and vaild, but XAUTHORITY pointing to authentication cookie is not set or the cookie is invalid. Alternativly, xhost +SI:localuser:root allows root temporary access to X until logout.




Similar goes for Wayland access with WAYLAND_DISPLAY and XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Wayland root access issues can be solved with sudo -EH, too. For detail and a pitfall with XDG_RUNTIME_DIR see Will Wayland ever support graphical sudo?






share|improve this answer

























  • Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 21:14


















1














There is kdesudo, gsudo, and some other sudos that solve this.



Here is one, I hacked together (not security audited/tested).



#/bin/bash

inner()
sed -e s/^/:/ ) "

if [ "$1" = "---innermode" ]
then
shift
user="$1"
display="$2"
shift 2
inner "$@"
else
self="$0"
sudo "$self" ---innermode "$USER" "$DISPLAY" "$@"
fi





share|improve this answer























    Your Answer








    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "106"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: false,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: null,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f424987%2fwhy-can-i-not-open-gparted-from-the-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    2














    To access X you need environment variables DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY. Depending on setup, sudo may delete them. You can check that with sudo env to see the environment variables.



    To preserve your users environment, you can use sudo -E. That has the pitfall setting HOME to your users home, and config files may get wrong file permissions. However, to avoid that, sudo -H sets HOME to /root.



    Combine this for gparted:



    sudo -EH gparted


    Only desired variables can be set with:



    sudo env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY gparted



    Error messages:



    cannot open display: means DISPLAY is empty or does not exist.



    no protocol specified means DISPLAYis set and vaild, but XAUTHORITY pointing to authentication cookie is not set or the cookie is invalid. Alternativly, xhost +SI:localuser:root allows root temporary access to X until logout.




    Similar goes for Wayland access with WAYLAND_DISPLAY and XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Wayland root access issues can be solved with sudo -EH, too. For detail and a pitfall with XDG_RUNTIME_DIR see Will Wayland ever support graphical sudo?






    share|improve this answer

























    • Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

      – Time4Tea
      Feb 18 '18 at 21:14















    2














    To access X you need environment variables DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY. Depending on setup, sudo may delete them. You can check that with sudo env to see the environment variables.



    To preserve your users environment, you can use sudo -E. That has the pitfall setting HOME to your users home, and config files may get wrong file permissions. However, to avoid that, sudo -H sets HOME to /root.



    Combine this for gparted:



    sudo -EH gparted


    Only desired variables can be set with:



    sudo env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY gparted



    Error messages:



    cannot open display: means DISPLAY is empty or does not exist.



    no protocol specified means DISPLAYis set and vaild, but XAUTHORITY pointing to authentication cookie is not set or the cookie is invalid. Alternativly, xhost +SI:localuser:root allows root temporary access to X until logout.




    Similar goes for Wayland access with WAYLAND_DISPLAY and XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Wayland root access issues can be solved with sudo -EH, too. For detail and a pitfall with XDG_RUNTIME_DIR see Will Wayland ever support graphical sudo?






    share|improve this answer

























    • Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

      – Time4Tea
      Feb 18 '18 at 21:14













    2












    2








    2







    To access X you need environment variables DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY. Depending on setup, sudo may delete them. You can check that with sudo env to see the environment variables.



    To preserve your users environment, you can use sudo -E. That has the pitfall setting HOME to your users home, and config files may get wrong file permissions. However, to avoid that, sudo -H sets HOME to /root.



    Combine this for gparted:



    sudo -EH gparted


    Only desired variables can be set with:



    sudo env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY gparted



    Error messages:



    cannot open display: means DISPLAY is empty or does not exist.



    no protocol specified means DISPLAYis set and vaild, but XAUTHORITY pointing to authentication cookie is not set or the cookie is invalid. Alternativly, xhost +SI:localuser:root allows root temporary access to X until logout.




    Similar goes for Wayland access with WAYLAND_DISPLAY and XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Wayland root access issues can be solved with sudo -EH, too. For detail and a pitfall with XDG_RUNTIME_DIR see Will Wayland ever support graphical sudo?






    share|improve this answer















    To access X you need environment variables DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY. Depending on setup, sudo may delete them. You can check that with sudo env to see the environment variables.



    To preserve your users environment, you can use sudo -E. That has the pitfall setting HOME to your users home, and config files may get wrong file permissions. However, to avoid that, sudo -H sets HOME to /root.



    Combine this for gparted:



    sudo -EH gparted


    Only desired variables can be set with:



    sudo env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY gparted



    Error messages:



    cannot open display: means DISPLAY is empty or does not exist.



    no protocol specified means DISPLAYis set and vaild, but XAUTHORITY pointing to authentication cookie is not set or the cookie is invalid. Alternativly, xhost +SI:localuser:root allows root temporary access to X until logout.




    Similar goes for Wayland access with WAYLAND_DISPLAY and XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Wayland root access issues can be solved with sudo -EH, too. For detail and a pitfall with XDG_RUNTIME_DIR see Will Wayland ever support graphical sudo?







    share|improve this answer














    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer








    edited Feb 18 '18 at 21:42

























    answered Feb 18 '18 at 19:29









    mviereckmviereck

    1,2751512




    1,2751512












    • Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

      – Time4Tea
      Feb 18 '18 at 21:14

















    • Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

      – Time4Tea
      Feb 18 '18 at 21:14
















    Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 21:14





    Great. I added XAUTHORITY to the list of variables being passed to sudo and that worked. Thank you!

    – Time4Tea
    Feb 18 '18 at 21:14













    1














    There is kdesudo, gsudo, and some other sudos that solve this.



    Here is one, I hacked together (not security audited/tested).



    #/bin/bash

    inner()
    sed -e s/^/:/ ) "

    if [ "$1" = "---innermode" ]
    then
    shift
    user="$1"
    display="$2"
    shift 2
    inner "$@"
    else
    self="$0"
    sudo "$self" ---innermode "$USER" "$DISPLAY" "$@"
    fi





    share|improve this answer



























      1














      There is kdesudo, gsudo, and some other sudos that solve this.



      Here is one, I hacked together (not security audited/tested).



      #/bin/bash

      inner()
      sed -e s/^/:/ ) "

      if [ "$1" = "---innermode" ]
      then
      shift
      user="$1"
      display="$2"
      shift 2
      inner "$@"
      else
      self="$0"
      sudo "$self" ---innermode "$USER" "$DISPLAY" "$@"
      fi





      share|improve this answer

























        1












        1








        1







        There is kdesudo, gsudo, and some other sudos that solve this.



        Here is one, I hacked together (not security audited/tested).



        #/bin/bash

        inner()
        sed -e s/^/:/ ) "

        if [ "$1" = "---innermode" ]
        then
        shift
        user="$1"
        display="$2"
        shift 2
        inner "$@"
        else
        self="$0"
        sudo "$self" ---innermode "$USER" "$DISPLAY" "$@"
        fi





        share|improve this answer













        There is kdesudo, gsudo, and some other sudos that solve this.



        Here is one, I hacked together (not security audited/tested).



        #/bin/bash

        inner()
        sed -e s/^/:/ ) "

        if [ "$1" = "---innermode" ]
        then
        shift
        user="$1"
        display="$2"
        shift 2
        inner "$@"
        else
        self="$0"
        sudo "$self" ---innermode "$USER" "$DISPLAY" "$@"
        fi






        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Apr 6 at 22:04









        ctrl-alt-delorctrl-alt-delor

        12.4k52662




        12.4k52662



























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f424987%2fwhy-can-i-not-open-gparted-from-the-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            -gparted, x11

            Popular posts from this blog

            Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

            2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

            Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person