Slax Linux: Save changes (persistent USB) after selecting copy to RAM at bootBest usb boot drives for Linux?Kali Linux USB Live Boot Not WorkingHow to boot Linux Mint from USB drive via Grub2*Updatable*, Bootable, Persistent Linux Installation On USB Flash DriveBoot from live usb with persistent optionInstall Persistent Linux Mint on USBHow to get bcm4360 work on kali linux live persistent USB?Linux Mint 18.2 xfce persistent live usb failing to bootKali Linux fully installed usb boot vs live persistence usb bootDo changes in live usb persist linux once installed?

Why is this code 6.5x slower with optimizations enabled?

Closed subgroups of abelian groups

declaring a variable twice in IIFE

Schwarzchild Radius of the Universe

A newer friend of my brother's gave him a load of baseball cards that are supposedly extremely valuable. Is this a scam?

Why doesn't Newton's third law mean a person bounces back to where they started when they hit the ground?

Could a US political party gain complete control over the government by removing checks & balances?

How do I create uniquely male characters?

Do airline pilots ever risk not hearing communication directed to them specifically, from traffic controllers?

A function which translates a sentence to title-case

XeLaTeX and pdfLaTeX ignore hyphenation

Are white and non-white police officers equally likely to kill black suspects?

Calculus Optimization - Point on graph closest to given point

How can bays and straits be determined in a procedurally generated map?

My colleague's body is amazing

What does "enim et" mean?

"which" command doesn't work / path of Safari?

Are tax years 2016 & 2017 back taxes deductible for tax year 2018?

Shell script can be run only with sh command

Why has Russell's definition of numbers using equivalence classes been finally abandoned? ( If it has actually been abandoned).

Is there really no realistic way for a skeleton monster to move around without magic?

Accidentally leaked the solution to an assignment, what to do now? (I'm the prof)

Email Account under attack (really) - anything I can do?

I’m planning on buying a laser printer but concerned about the life cycle of toner in the machine



Slax Linux: Save changes (persistent USB) after selecting copy to RAM at boot


Best usb boot drives for Linux?Kali Linux USB Live Boot Not WorkingHow to boot Linux Mint from USB drive via Grub2*Updatable*, Bootable, Persistent Linux Installation On USB Flash DriveBoot from live usb with persistent optionInstall Persistent Linux Mint on USBHow to get bcm4360 work on kali linux live persistent USB?Linux Mint 18.2 xfce persistent live usb failing to bootKali Linux fully installed usb boot vs live persistence usb bootDo changes in live usb persist linux once installed?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















Explanation:



Right now I'm using a MacBookPro9,2 with Slax. I'm on an exchange trip and I'm having problems with my main HD (either bad SATA cable or damaged SSD).



Repairing the hardware on my machine might be expensive/slow or even impossible until I go back home, that is July next year. I obviously need to work on my projects and I know my machine can run live sessions without any problems, I've tried it with Kali, Ubuntu, Mint, Puppy and Slax.



I'm really fond of the idea of copying the system to RAM in order to gain speed and prevent USB stick wear due to read/write operations.



My needs are really minimal: Using Octave, Python3, Node.js and perhaps some other tools.



I’ve chosen Slax because it’s a lightweight distro that allows me to install packages via apt.



Question:



Is there a way to save my config so that I don't have to reset the keyboard layout, download wifi drivers, Python3, Octave and Node each time I boot from the USB stick and copy everything to RAM?










share|improve this question






























    1















    Explanation:



    Right now I'm using a MacBookPro9,2 with Slax. I'm on an exchange trip and I'm having problems with my main HD (either bad SATA cable or damaged SSD).



    Repairing the hardware on my machine might be expensive/slow or even impossible until I go back home, that is July next year. I obviously need to work on my projects and I know my machine can run live sessions without any problems, I've tried it with Kali, Ubuntu, Mint, Puppy and Slax.



    I'm really fond of the idea of copying the system to RAM in order to gain speed and prevent USB stick wear due to read/write operations.



    My needs are really minimal: Using Octave, Python3, Node.js and perhaps some other tools.



    I’ve chosen Slax because it’s a lightweight distro that allows me to install packages via apt.



    Question:



    Is there a way to save my config so that I don't have to reset the keyboard layout, download wifi drivers, Python3, Octave and Node each time I boot from the USB stick and copy everything to RAM?










    share|improve this question


























      1












      1








      1








      Explanation:



      Right now I'm using a MacBookPro9,2 with Slax. I'm on an exchange trip and I'm having problems with my main HD (either bad SATA cable or damaged SSD).



      Repairing the hardware on my machine might be expensive/slow or even impossible until I go back home, that is July next year. I obviously need to work on my projects and I know my machine can run live sessions without any problems, I've tried it with Kali, Ubuntu, Mint, Puppy and Slax.



      I'm really fond of the idea of copying the system to RAM in order to gain speed and prevent USB stick wear due to read/write operations.



      My needs are really minimal: Using Octave, Python3, Node.js and perhaps some other tools.



      I’ve chosen Slax because it’s a lightweight distro that allows me to install packages via apt.



      Question:



      Is there a way to save my config so that I don't have to reset the keyboard layout, download wifi drivers, Python3, Octave and Node each time I boot from the USB stick and copy everything to RAM?










      share|improve this question
















      Explanation:



      Right now I'm using a MacBookPro9,2 with Slax. I'm on an exchange trip and I'm having problems with my main HD (either bad SATA cable or damaged SSD).



      Repairing the hardware on my machine might be expensive/slow or even impossible until I go back home, that is July next year. I obviously need to work on my projects and I know my machine can run live sessions without any problems, I've tried it with Kali, Ubuntu, Mint, Puppy and Slax.



      I'm really fond of the idea of copying the system to RAM in order to gain speed and prevent USB stick wear due to read/write operations.



      My needs are really minimal: Using Octave, Python3, Node.js and perhaps some other tools.



      I’ve chosen Slax because it’s a lightweight distro that allows me to install packages via apt.



      Question:



      Is there a way to save my config so that I don't have to reset the keyboard layout, download wifi drivers, Python3, Octave and Node each time I boot from the USB stick and copy everything to RAM?







      live-usb macintosh persistence






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Nov 18 '18 at 15:34









      Rui F Ribeiro

      42k1483142




      42k1483142










      asked Nov 18 '18 at 15:27









      Maganna DevMaganna Dev

      263




      263




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          You might consider using Puppy Linux instead of Slax. It boots to and runs from RAM then saves your changes at shutdown. Puppy doesn't provide a means for using APT directly but the tools you mention probably have .debs in Debian and/or Ubuntu repositories and Puppy has a tool to convert them to Puppy Pet Packages for installation. They may already be available in the Puppy Package Manager.






          share|improve this answer

























            Your Answer








            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "106"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f482548%2fslax-linux-save-changes-persistent-usb-after-selecting-copy-to-ram-at-boot%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            You might consider using Puppy Linux instead of Slax. It boots to and runs from RAM then saves your changes at shutdown. Puppy doesn't provide a means for using APT directly but the tools you mention probably have .debs in Debian and/or Ubuntu repositories and Puppy has a tool to convert them to Puppy Pet Packages for installation. They may already be available in the Puppy Package Manager.






            share|improve this answer





























              0














              You might consider using Puppy Linux instead of Slax. It boots to and runs from RAM then saves your changes at shutdown. Puppy doesn't provide a means for using APT directly but the tools you mention probably have .debs in Debian and/or Ubuntu repositories and Puppy has a tool to convert them to Puppy Pet Packages for installation. They may already be available in the Puppy Package Manager.






              share|improve this answer



























                0












                0








                0







                You might consider using Puppy Linux instead of Slax. It boots to and runs from RAM then saves your changes at shutdown. Puppy doesn't provide a means for using APT directly but the tools you mention probably have .debs in Debian and/or Ubuntu repositories and Puppy has a tool to convert them to Puppy Pet Packages for installation. They may already be available in the Puppy Package Manager.






                share|improve this answer















                You might consider using Puppy Linux instead of Slax. It boots to and runs from RAM then saves your changes at shutdown. Puppy doesn't provide a means for using APT directly but the tools you mention probably have .debs in Debian and/or Ubuntu repositories and Puppy has a tool to convert them to Puppy Pet Packages for installation. They may already be available in the Puppy Package Manager.







                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Mar 27 at 17:04

























                answered Mar 27 at 16:59









                DanuxDanux

                11




                11



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f482548%2fslax-linux-save-changes-persistent-usb-after-selecting-copy-to-ram-at-boot%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    -live-usb, macintosh, persistence

                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

                    2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

                    Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person