How did Doctor Strange see the winning outcome in Avengers: Infinity War?How many times did Doctor Strange “loop”?Would the Ancient One have defended the Earth from a Chitauri invasion in the Avengers absence?How many named characters died in Avengers: Infinity War?Why doesn't Doctor Strange remove the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos?How did Thor in Infinity War know that the Time Stone was with the Avengers?Did Avengers: Infinity War ignore the locations/distances set in Guardians of the Galaxy?Was Thanos really waiting for all these characters to die?One possible future or multiple ones?Why did Thanos slaughter half of this population at the start of Avengers: Infinity War?Why didn't Doctor Strange die in space in the movie Avengers Infinity War?

Finding files for which a command fails

Is it possible to do 50 km distance without any previous training?

Can you lasso down a wizard who is using the Levitate spell?

Can Medicine checks be used, with decent rolls, to completely mitigate the risk of death from ongoing damage?

Why are 150k or 200k jobs considered good when there are 300k+ births a month?

Why has Russell's definition of numbers using equivalence classes been finally abandoned? ( If it has actually been abandoned).

Why is "Reports" in sentence down without "The"

Are white and non-white police officers equally likely to kill black suspects?

How do you conduct xenoanthropology after first contact?

Can a German sentence have two subjects?

"which" command doesn't work / path of Safari?

How do we improve the relationship with a client software team that performs poorly and is becoming less collaborative?

Shell script can be run only with sh command

Can I interfere when another PC is about to be attacked?

Why was the small council so happy for Tyrion to become the Master of Coin?

Patience, young "Padovan"

How do I create uniquely male characters?

A Journey Through Space and Time

Is there a minimum number of transactions in a block?

Why do we use polarized capacitor?

Can an x86 CPU running in real mode be considered to be basically an 8086 CPU?

How did the USSR manage to innovate in an environment characterized by government censorship and high bureaucracy?

Can town administrative "code" overule state laws like those forbidding trespassing?

What is the white spray-pattern residue inside these Falcon Heavy nozzles?



How did Doctor Strange see the winning outcome in Avengers: Infinity War?


How many times did Doctor Strange “loop”?Would the Ancient One have defended the Earth from a Chitauri invasion in the Avengers absence?How many named characters died in Avengers: Infinity War?Why doesn't Doctor Strange remove the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos?How did Thor in Infinity War know that the Time Stone was with the Avengers?Did Avengers: Infinity War ignore the locations/distances set in Guardians of the Galaxy?Was Thanos really waiting for all these characters to die?One possible future or multiple ones?Why did Thanos slaughter half of this population at the start of Avengers: Infinity War?Why didn't Doctor Strange die in space in the movie Avengers Infinity War?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








25















In Doctor Strange we see that the Masters of the Mystic Arts can see into the past and the future, and we know that the Ancient One was able to see into the future as well, but only up to her death. She said herself that in all the possible futures she was never able to get past that point.



So if this is true for the Ancient One, then how did Doctor Strange figure out how Thanos was gonna die/everyone would stay alive in the end if he died before it happened? Does it have something to do with directly using the Time Stone?










share|improve this question



















  • 2





    Hi, welcome to SF&F! I hope you get an answer to this question, but it might be hard to answer based on what is officially (canonically) already known from the movies. If you would consider answers based on comics as well, you might note that in your question.

    – DavidW
    Mar 27 at 15:38






  • 2





    IIRC a very similar question, if not an exact duplicate already exists (though maybe on movie.se). Found the duplicate

    – XtremeBaumer
    Mar 27 at 15:39












  • I found that question actually and while I think this question was pretty similar to it, I actually prefer the accepted answer here. I somehow missed that you can see others futures as well not just your own with the time stone lol.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:18






  • 1





    I am guessing… magic.

    – Lexible
    Mar 28 at 0:40

















25















In Doctor Strange we see that the Masters of the Mystic Arts can see into the past and the future, and we know that the Ancient One was able to see into the future as well, but only up to her death. She said herself that in all the possible futures she was never able to get past that point.



So if this is true for the Ancient One, then how did Doctor Strange figure out how Thanos was gonna die/everyone would stay alive in the end if he died before it happened? Does it have something to do with directly using the Time Stone?










share|improve this question



















  • 2





    Hi, welcome to SF&F! I hope you get an answer to this question, but it might be hard to answer based on what is officially (canonically) already known from the movies. If you would consider answers based on comics as well, you might note that in your question.

    – DavidW
    Mar 27 at 15:38






  • 2





    IIRC a very similar question, if not an exact duplicate already exists (though maybe on movie.se). Found the duplicate

    – XtremeBaumer
    Mar 27 at 15:39












  • I found that question actually and while I think this question was pretty similar to it, I actually prefer the accepted answer here. I somehow missed that you can see others futures as well not just your own with the time stone lol.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:18






  • 1





    I am guessing… magic.

    – Lexible
    Mar 28 at 0:40













25












25








25


2






In Doctor Strange we see that the Masters of the Mystic Arts can see into the past and the future, and we know that the Ancient One was able to see into the future as well, but only up to her death. She said herself that in all the possible futures she was never able to get past that point.



So if this is true for the Ancient One, then how did Doctor Strange figure out how Thanos was gonna die/everyone would stay alive in the end if he died before it happened? Does it have something to do with directly using the Time Stone?










share|improve this question
















In Doctor Strange we see that the Masters of the Mystic Arts can see into the past and the future, and we know that the Ancient One was able to see into the future as well, but only up to her death. She said herself that in all the possible futures she was never able to get past that point.



So if this is true for the Ancient One, then how did Doctor Strange figure out how Thanos was gonna die/everyone would stay alive in the end if he died before it happened? Does it have something to do with directly using the Time Stone?







marvel marvel-cinematic-universe avengers-infinity-war doctor-strange






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 27 at 15:38









TheLethalCarrot

50.5k20276318




50.5k20276318










asked Mar 27 at 15:34









B. LalondeB. Lalonde

13124




13124







  • 2





    Hi, welcome to SF&F! I hope you get an answer to this question, but it might be hard to answer based on what is officially (canonically) already known from the movies. If you would consider answers based on comics as well, you might note that in your question.

    – DavidW
    Mar 27 at 15:38






  • 2





    IIRC a very similar question, if not an exact duplicate already exists (though maybe on movie.se). Found the duplicate

    – XtremeBaumer
    Mar 27 at 15:39












  • I found that question actually and while I think this question was pretty similar to it, I actually prefer the accepted answer here. I somehow missed that you can see others futures as well not just your own with the time stone lol.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:18






  • 1





    I am guessing… magic.

    – Lexible
    Mar 28 at 0:40












  • 2





    Hi, welcome to SF&F! I hope you get an answer to this question, but it might be hard to answer based on what is officially (canonically) already known from the movies. If you would consider answers based on comics as well, you might note that in your question.

    – DavidW
    Mar 27 at 15:38






  • 2





    IIRC a very similar question, if not an exact duplicate already exists (though maybe on movie.se). Found the duplicate

    – XtremeBaumer
    Mar 27 at 15:39












  • I found that question actually and while I think this question was pretty similar to it, I actually prefer the accepted answer here. I somehow missed that you can see others futures as well not just your own with the time stone lol.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:18






  • 1





    I am guessing… magic.

    – Lexible
    Mar 28 at 0:40







2




2





Hi, welcome to SF&F! I hope you get an answer to this question, but it might be hard to answer based on what is officially (canonically) already known from the movies. If you would consider answers based on comics as well, you might note that in your question.

– DavidW
Mar 27 at 15:38





Hi, welcome to SF&F! I hope you get an answer to this question, but it might be hard to answer based on what is officially (canonically) already known from the movies. If you would consider answers based on comics as well, you might note that in your question.

– DavidW
Mar 27 at 15:38




2




2





IIRC a very similar question, if not an exact duplicate already exists (though maybe on movie.se). Found the duplicate

– XtremeBaumer
Mar 27 at 15:39






IIRC a very similar question, if not an exact duplicate already exists (though maybe on movie.se). Found the duplicate

– XtremeBaumer
Mar 27 at 15:39














I found that question actually and while I think this question was pretty similar to it, I actually prefer the accepted answer here. I somehow missed that you can see others futures as well not just your own with the time stone lol.

– B. Lalonde
Mar 27 at 16:18





I found that question actually and while I think this question was pretty similar to it, I actually prefer the accepted answer here. I somehow missed that you can see others futures as well not just your own with the time stone lol.

– B. Lalonde
Mar 27 at 16:18




1




1





I am guessing… magic.

– Lexible
Mar 28 at 0:40





I am guessing… magic.

– Lexible
Mar 28 at 0:40










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















31














There doesn't seem to be any contradiction with what we see Doctor Strange do and the quote by The Ancient One. This is the conversation in Doctor Strange:




The Ancient One: I've spent so many years peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another, and they all lead here but never further.



Strange: You think this is where you die.



The Ancient One: You wonder what I see in your future?



Strange: No. Yes.



The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You've always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.



Doctor Strange




The Ancient One is looking into her future and can't see past the point where she dies for her own future. However, she can see past the point in Doctor Strange's future and see his possible futures. This is in line with what we see him do in Avengers: Infinity War in that he looks into the possible futures for the whole team and how they win not necessarily his own future.




Doctor Strange: [panting] I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.



Peter Quill: How many did you see?



Doctor Strange: 14,000,605.



Tony Stark: How many did we win?



[Strange stares intently at Tony for a moment]



Strange: [pause] One.



Avengers: Infinity War





It's also worth noting that Strange uses the Time Stone to see into the future whereas it appears that The Ancient One doesn't use it and so this likely plays a part in it too.






share|improve this answer




















  • 7





    I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

    – Blaze
    Mar 27 at 16:08











  • @Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

    – TheLethalCarrot
    Mar 27 at 16:12






  • 1





    I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:21











  • @B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

    – Möoz
    Mar 28 at 2:33






  • 2





    At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

    – Filipe Nicoli
    Mar 28 at 5:40











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "186"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fscifi.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f208020%2fhow-did-doctor-strange-see-the-winning-outcome-in-avengers-infinity-war%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









31














There doesn't seem to be any contradiction with what we see Doctor Strange do and the quote by The Ancient One. This is the conversation in Doctor Strange:




The Ancient One: I've spent so many years peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another, and they all lead here but never further.



Strange: You think this is where you die.



The Ancient One: You wonder what I see in your future?



Strange: No. Yes.



The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You've always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.



Doctor Strange




The Ancient One is looking into her future and can't see past the point where she dies for her own future. However, she can see past the point in Doctor Strange's future and see his possible futures. This is in line with what we see him do in Avengers: Infinity War in that he looks into the possible futures for the whole team and how they win not necessarily his own future.




Doctor Strange: [panting] I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.



Peter Quill: How many did you see?



Doctor Strange: 14,000,605.



Tony Stark: How many did we win?



[Strange stares intently at Tony for a moment]



Strange: [pause] One.



Avengers: Infinity War





It's also worth noting that Strange uses the Time Stone to see into the future whereas it appears that The Ancient One doesn't use it and so this likely plays a part in it too.






share|improve this answer




















  • 7





    I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

    – Blaze
    Mar 27 at 16:08











  • @Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

    – TheLethalCarrot
    Mar 27 at 16:12






  • 1





    I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:21











  • @B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

    – Möoz
    Mar 28 at 2:33






  • 2





    At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

    – Filipe Nicoli
    Mar 28 at 5:40















31














There doesn't seem to be any contradiction with what we see Doctor Strange do and the quote by The Ancient One. This is the conversation in Doctor Strange:




The Ancient One: I've spent so many years peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another, and they all lead here but never further.



Strange: You think this is where you die.



The Ancient One: You wonder what I see in your future?



Strange: No. Yes.



The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You've always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.



Doctor Strange




The Ancient One is looking into her future and can't see past the point where she dies for her own future. However, she can see past the point in Doctor Strange's future and see his possible futures. This is in line with what we see him do in Avengers: Infinity War in that he looks into the possible futures for the whole team and how they win not necessarily his own future.




Doctor Strange: [panting] I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.



Peter Quill: How many did you see?



Doctor Strange: 14,000,605.



Tony Stark: How many did we win?



[Strange stares intently at Tony for a moment]



Strange: [pause] One.



Avengers: Infinity War





It's also worth noting that Strange uses the Time Stone to see into the future whereas it appears that The Ancient One doesn't use it and so this likely plays a part in it too.






share|improve this answer




















  • 7





    I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

    – Blaze
    Mar 27 at 16:08











  • @Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

    – TheLethalCarrot
    Mar 27 at 16:12






  • 1





    I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:21











  • @B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

    – Möoz
    Mar 28 at 2:33






  • 2





    At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

    – Filipe Nicoli
    Mar 28 at 5:40













31












31








31







There doesn't seem to be any contradiction with what we see Doctor Strange do and the quote by The Ancient One. This is the conversation in Doctor Strange:




The Ancient One: I've spent so many years peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another, and they all lead here but never further.



Strange: You think this is where you die.



The Ancient One: You wonder what I see in your future?



Strange: No. Yes.



The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You've always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.



Doctor Strange




The Ancient One is looking into her future and can't see past the point where she dies for her own future. However, she can see past the point in Doctor Strange's future and see his possible futures. This is in line with what we see him do in Avengers: Infinity War in that he looks into the possible futures for the whole team and how they win not necessarily his own future.




Doctor Strange: [panting] I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.



Peter Quill: How many did you see?



Doctor Strange: 14,000,605.



Tony Stark: How many did we win?



[Strange stares intently at Tony for a moment]



Strange: [pause] One.



Avengers: Infinity War





It's also worth noting that Strange uses the Time Stone to see into the future whereas it appears that The Ancient One doesn't use it and so this likely plays a part in it too.






share|improve this answer















There doesn't seem to be any contradiction with what we see Doctor Strange do and the quote by The Ancient One. This is the conversation in Doctor Strange:




The Ancient One: I've spent so many years peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another, and they all lead here but never further.



Strange: You think this is where you die.



The Ancient One: You wonder what I see in your future?



Strange: No. Yes.



The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You've always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.



Doctor Strange




The Ancient One is looking into her future and can't see past the point where she dies for her own future. However, she can see past the point in Doctor Strange's future and see his possible futures. This is in line with what we see him do in Avengers: Infinity War in that he looks into the possible futures for the whole team and how they win not necessarily his own future.




Doctor Strange: [panting] I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.



Peter Quill: How many did you see?



Doctor Strange: 14,000,605.



Tony Stark: How many did we win?



[Strange stares intently at Tony for a moment]



Strange: [pause] One.



Avengers: Infinity War





It's also worth noting that Strange uses the Time Stone to see into the future whereas it appears that The Ancient One doesn't use it and so this likely plays a part in it too.







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited Mar 28 at 0:42









Lexible

8,07412662




8,07412662










answered Mar 27 at 15:47









TheLethalCarrotTheLethalCarrot

50.5k20276318




50.5k20276318







  • 7





    I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

    – Blaze
    Mar 27 at 16:08











  • @Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

    – TheLethalCarrot
    Mar 27 at 16:12






  • 1





    I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:21











  • @B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

    – Möoz
    Mar 28 at 2:33






  • 2





    At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

    – Filipe Nicoli
    Mar 28 at 5:40












  • 7





    I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

    – Blaze
    Mar 27 at 16:08











  • @Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

    – TheLethalCarrot
    Mar 27 at 16:12






  • 1





    I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

    – B. Lalonde
    Mar 27 at 16:21











  • @B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

    – Möoz
    Mar 28 at 2:33






  • 2





    At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

    – Filipe Nicoli
    Mar 28 at 5:40







7




7





I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

– Blaze
Mar 27 at 16:08





I'd quibble slightly on the last observation. The Ancient One didn't have the Eye of Agamotto (Time Stone) when this conversation took place, but if anyone could "check it out of the library" for her own meditations over the years, that person would be the Ancient One.

– Blaze
Mar 27 at 16:08













@Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

– TheLethalCarrot
Mar 27 at 16:12





@Blaze Been a while since I watched Doctor Strange but I had the impression she didn't/wouldn't use it. Could be wrong though, In either case, however, it is mainly a side point here.

– TheLethalCarrot
Mar 27 at 16:12




1




1





I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

– B. Lalonde
Mar 27 at 16:21





I would hazard a guess that the first time they found the time stone, they tried using it, realized what it was (and subsequently researched the other infinity stones as well), and then agreed that it was too dangerous in anyones hands so they just kept it locked up/guarded it.

– B. Lalonde
Mar 27 at 16:21













@B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

– Möoz
Mar 28 at 2:33





@B.Lalonde But TAO was known to... dabble... in things she potentially shouldn't have.

– Möoz
Mar 28 at 2:33




2




2





At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

– Filipe Nicoli
Mar 28 at 5:40





At least in the comics, the soul stone is known to hold the Soul World, a mini universe inside the stone. If the cinematic universe follows that lead, I (and a lot more people) guess the poeple who were turned to dust are actually inside the stone and not really dead. Thus, Dr. Strange wouldn't be dead and there would be no contradiction.

– Filipe Nicoli
Mar 28 at 5:40

















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fscifi.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f208020%2fhow-did-doctor-strange-see-the-winning-outcome-in-avengers-infinity-war%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







-avengers-infinity-war, doctor-strange, marvel, marvel-cinematic-universe

Popular posts from this blog

Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person