How do I install Kubernetes on Linux SUSE? Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 17/18, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern) 2019 Community Moderator Election Results Why I closed the “Why is Kali so hard” questionHow to install ruby-devel and python-devel in SuSE Enterprise?How-to create a DVD from a network repositoryRemoving OpenSuse packages from SUSE 11 sp 4 (SLES) saftly?Unable to pull images in Kubernetesunable to pull images in kubernetes from private registrykubernetes external access issuekubernetes yaml file re-usekubernetes export portsKubernetes tiller pod dying issueWhy does docker-ce-3:18.09 installation on SLES 12 throw “systemd-units needed” message?

How to compare two different files line by line in unix?

Is it fair for a professor to grade us on the possession of past papers?

What is homebrew?

Do I really need recursive chmod to restrict access to a folder?

Most bit efficient text communication method?

Why aren't air breathing engines used as small first stages

Amount of permutations on an NxNxN Rubik's Cube

Is there any way for the UK Prime Minister to make a motion directly dependent on Government confidence?

If my PI received research grants from a company to be able to pay my postdoc salary, did I have a potential conflict interest too?

How to answer "Have you ever been terminated?"

Is the Standard Deduction better than Itemized when both are the same amount?

How do I find out the mythology and history of my Fortress?

Delete nth line from bottom

When the Haste spell ends on a creature, do attackers have advantage against that creature?

Can anything be seen from the center of the Boötes void? How dark would it be?

Fundamental Solution of the Pell Equation

What is the escape velocity of a neutron particle (not neutron star)

How do I make this wiring inside cabinet safer? (Pic)

8 Prisoners wearing hats

How does the math work when buying airline miles?

How to down pick a chord with skipped strings?

What is this building called? (It was built in 2002)

What is the longest distance a player character can jump in one leap?

Can an alien society believe that their star system is the universe?



How do I install Kubernetes on Linux SUSE?



Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 17/18, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern)
2019 Community Moderator Election Results
Why I closed the “Why is Kali so hard” questionHow to install ruby-devel and python-devel in SuSE Enterprise?How-to create a DVD from a network repositoryRemoving OpenSuse packages from SUSE 11 sp 4 (SLES) saftly?Unable to pull images in Kubernetesunable to pull images in kubernetes from private registrykubernetes external access issuekubernetes yaml file re-usekubernetes export portsKubernetes tiller pod dying issueWhy does docker-ce-3:18.09 installation on SLES 12 throw “systemd-units needed” message?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








3















I am running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2. I want to install Kubernetes.



I tried this command: zypper in kubernetes
But I got this message: No provider of 'kubernetes' found.



I downloaded this file: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:/containers/SLE_12_SP2/src/kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



I used: rpm -ivh kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



But there is no evidence that Kubernetes is installed.



I found a relevant .ymp file.



http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/Virtualization:containers/SLE_12_SP2/kubernetes.ymp



But I do not know how to use it.



How do I install Kubernetes on Linux SUSE?










share|improve this question




























    3















    I am running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2. I want to install Kubernetes.



    I tried this command: zypper in kubernetes
    But I got this message: No provider of 'kubernetes' found.



    I downloaded this file: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:/containers/SLE_12_SP2/src/kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



    I used: rpm -ivh kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



    But there is no evidence that Kubernetes is installed.



    I found a relevant .ymp file.



    http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/Virtualization:containers/SLE_12_SP2/kubernetes.ymp



    But I do not know how to use it.



    How do I install Kubernetes on Linux SUSE?










    share|improve this question
























      3












      3








      3


      1






      I am running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2. I want to install Kubernetes.



      I tried this command: zypper in kubernetes
      But I got this message: No provider of 'kubernetes' found.



      I downloaded this file: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:/containers/SLE_12_SP2/src/kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



      I used: rpm -ivh kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



      But there is no evidence that Kubernetes is installed.



      I found a relevant .ymp file.



      http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/Virtualization:containers/SLE_12_SP2/kubernetes.ymp



      But I do not know how to use it.



      How do I install Kubernetes on Linux SUSE?










      share|improve this question














      I am running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2. I want to install Kubernetes.



      I tried this command: zypper in kubernetes
      But I got this message: No provider of 'kubernetes' found.



      I downloaded this file: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:/containers/SLE_12_SP2/src/kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



      I used: rpm -ivh kubernetes-1.5.3-8.2.src.rpm



      But there is no evidence that Kubernetes is installed.



      I found a relevant .ymp file.



      http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/Virtualization:containers/SLE_12_SP2/kubernetes.ymp



      But I do not know how to use it.



      How do I install Kubernetes on Linux SUSE?







      docker suse kubernetes






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 12 '17 at 16:55









      Alex111Alex111

      26124




      26124




















          3 Answers
          3






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          4














          The canonical instructions are avaiable at (Opensuse.org)



          The page contains install instructions for kubernetes on openSUSE and SLE 12.






          share|improve this answer

























          • There is only source code and no binary packages.

            – George Gaál
            Apr 17 '18 at 14:20











          • I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

            – Nick Acosta
            Jun 1 '18 at 6:14


















          0














          What you have is a source RPM. Source RPMs contain source code and patches as they were at the time of RPM build and a .spec file used to generate the RPM.



          You will need to have rpmbuild installed on your machine if you wish to work source RPMs. Using rpmbuild and the .spec file, you can build RPM from the SRPM package.






          share|improve this answer






























            0














            Try these instructions :
            https://developer.ibm.com/storage/2019/03/01/kubernetes-1-12-on-suse-linux-using-kubeadm/



            they base on adding the google kubernetes repo to your SLES system.






            share|improve this answer








            New contributor




            MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
            Check out our Code of Conduct.




















            • While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

              – kemotep
              9 hours ago











            Your Answer








            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "106"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f350963%2fhow-do-i-install-kubernetes-on-linux-suse%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            3 Answers
            3






            active

            oldest

            votes








            3 Answers
            3






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            4














            The canonical instructions are avaiable at (Opensuse.org)



            The page contains install instructions for kubernetes on openSUSE and SLE 12.






            share|improve this answer

























            • There is only source code and no binary packages.

              – George Gaál
              Apr 17 '18 at 14:20











            • I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

              – Nick Acosta
              Jun 1 '18 at 6:14















            4














            The canonical instructions are avaiable at (Opensuse.org)



            The page contains install instructions for kubernetes on openSUSE and SLE 12.






            share|improve this answer

























            • There is only source code and no binary packages.

              – George Gaál
              Apr 17 '18 at 14:20











            • I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

              – Nick Acosta
              Jun 1 '18 at 6:14













            4












            4








            4







            The canonical instructions are avaiable at (Opensuse.org)



            The page contains install instructions for kubernetes on openSUSE and SLE 12.






            share|improve this answer















            The canonical instructions are avaiable at (Opensuse.org)



            The page contains install instructions for kubernetes on openSUSE and SLE 12.







            share|improve this answer














            share|improve this answer



            share|improve this answer








            edited May 29 '17 at 17:38









            Stephen Rauch

            3,354101529




            3,354101529










            answered May 29 '17 at 17:06









            e.blancharde.blanchard

            412




            412












            • There is only source code and no binary packages.

              – George Gaál
              Apr 17 '18 at 14:20











            • I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

              – Nick Acosta
              Jun 1 '18 at 6:14

















            • There is only source code and no binary packages.

              – George Gaál
              Apr 17 '18 at 14:20











            • I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

              – Nick Acosta
              Jun 1 '18 at 6:14
















            There is only source code and no binary packages.

            – George Gaál
            Apr 17 '18 at 14:20





            There is only source code and no binary packages.

            – George Gaál
            Apr 17 '18 at 14:20













            I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

            – Nick Acosta
            Jun 1 '18 at 6:14





            I'm on tumbleweed I can't get kubernetes running to save my life! Tried on an ubuntu 16.04 vm and it worked with no issues...

            – Nick Acosta
            Jun 1 '18 at 6:14













            0














            What you have is a source RPM. Source RPMs contain source code and patches as they were at the time of RPM build and a .spec file used to generate the RPM.



            You will need to have rpmbuild installed on your machine if you wish to work source RPMs. Using rpmbuild and the .spec file, you can build RPM from the SRPM package.






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              What you have is a source RPM. Source RPMs contain source code and patches as they were at the time of RPM build and a .spec file used to generate the RPM.



              You will need to have rpmbuild installed on your machine if you wish to work source RPMs. Using rpmbuild and the .spec file, you can build RPM from the SRPM package.






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                What you have is a source RPM. Source RPMs contain source code and patches as they were at the time of RPM build and a .spec file used to generate the RPM.



                You will need to have rpmbuild installed on your machine if you wish to work source RPMs. Using rpmbuild and the .spec file, you can build RPM from the SRPM package.






                share|improve this answer













                What you have is a source RPM. Source RPMs contain source code and patches as they were at the time of RPM build and a .spec file used to generate the RPM.



                You will need to have rpmbuild installed on your machine if you wish to work source RPMs. Using rpmbuild and the .spec file, you can build RPM from the SRPM package.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Oct 30 '18 at 6:04









                6pack kid6pack kid

                1011




                1011





















                    0














                    Try these instructions :
                    https://developer.ibm.com/storage/2019/03/01/kubernetes-1-12-on-suse-linux-using-kubeadm/



                    they base on adding the google kubernetes repo to your SLES system.






                    share|improve this answer








                    New contributor




                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.




















                    • While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

                      – kemotep
                      9 hours ago















                    0














                    Try these instructions :
                    https://developer.ibm.com/storage/2019/03/01/kubernetes-1-12-on-suse-linux-using-kubeadm/



                    they base on adding the google kubernetes repo to your SLES system.






                    share|improve this answer








                    New contributor




                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.




















                    • While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

                      – kemotep
                      9 hours ago













                    0












                    0








                    0







                    Try these instructions :
                    https://developer.ibm.com/storage/2019/03/01/kubernetes-1-12-on-suse-linux-using-kubeadm/



                    they base on adding the google kubernetes repo to your SLES system.






                    share|improve this answer








                    New contributor




                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.










                    Try these instructions :
                    https://developer.ibm.com/storage/2019/03/01/kubernetes-1-12-on-suse-linux-using-kubeadm/



                    they base on adding the google kubernetes repo to your SLES system.







                    share|improve this answer








                    New contributor




                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.









                    share|improve this answer



                    share|improve this answer






                    New contributor




                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.









                    answered 9 hours ago









                    MichaelDMichaelD

                    1




                    1




                    New contributor




                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.





                    New contributor





                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.






                    MichaelD is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                    Check out our Code of Conduct.












                    • While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

                      – kemotep
                      9 hours ago

















                    • While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

                      – kemotep
                      9 hours ago
















                    While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

                    – kemotep
                    9 hours ago





                    While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. Please review the Help Center for more information regarding this. Thank you!

                    – kemotep
                    9 hours ago

















                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f350963%2fhow-do-i-install-kubernetes-on-linux-suse%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    -docker, kubernetes, suse

                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

                    2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

                    Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person