ssh to the same user but work isolate from each other Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 17/18, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern) 2019 Community Moderator Election Results Why I closed the “Why is Kali so hard” questionSimple jail for user with open-sshVSFTPD Virtual User GroupSsh 'access denied' from one host but not the otherUsing ~/.ssh/authorized_keys for non-root users?Lock SSH DOR access the same as VSFTPD?Limiting user SFTP only to their home directoryhow to limit file manager access based on users on Ajentissh fails with “could not find home directory” (which exists and has permissions) even while a local terminal logs the same user inAllow user to connect using SSH or SFTP but limit to home dir (Centos7)Multiple ssh servers in the same machine and proxy to redirect depends of the domain

What would be the ideal power source for a cybernetic eye?

Storing hydrofluoric acid before the invention of plastics

If 'B is more likely given A', then 'A is more likely given B'

Super Attribute Position on Product Page Magento 1

ListPlot join points by nearest neighbor rather than order

Bonus calculation: Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

How can I make names more distinctive without making them longer?

Why is black pepper both grey and black?

Should I call the interviewer directly, if HR aren't responding?

Using et al. for a last / senior author rather than for a first author

Why does Python start at index -1 when indexing a list from the end?

Can inflation occur in a positive-sum game currency system such as the Stack Exchange reputation system?

What do you call a plan that's an alternative plan in case your initial plan fails?

Stars Make Stars

How to deal with a team lead who never gives me credit?

"Seemed to had" is it correct?

Right-skewed distribution with mean equals to mode?

If a contract sometimes uses the wrong name, is it still valid?

When -s is used with third person singular. What's its use in this context?

Are my PIs rude or am I just being too sensitive?

Is there a concise way to say "all of the X, one of each"?

Why is "Consequences inflicted." not a sentence?

do i need a schengen visa for a direct flight to amsterdam?

What makes black pepper strong or mild?



ssh to the same user but work isolate from each other



Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 17/18, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern)
2019 Community Moderator Election Results
Why I closed the “Why is Kali so hard” questionSimple jail for user with open-sshVSFTPD Virtual User GroupSsh 'access denied' from one host but not the otherUsing ~/.ssh/authorized_keys for non-root users?Lock SSH DOR access the same as VSFTPD?Limiting user SFTP only to their home directoryhow to limit file manager access based on users on Ajentissh fails with “could not find home directory” (which exists and has permissions) even while a local terminal logs the same user inAllow user to connect using SSH or SFTP but limit to home dir (Centos7)Multiple ssh servers in the same machine and proxy to redirect depends of the domain



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















I want to set my ubuntu server that everyone can ssh with the same user and at the same time. But they will work isolate from each other.



e.g. If someone create a file at their home directory, other won't see this file. And when they logout, all their work will be gone.



Is it possible to do that?










share|improve this question







New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.















  • 3





    Not really; that's what separate user accounts are for

    – DopeGhoti
    11 hours ago











  • I know. But I want to make a public server, so I don't know how many people will ssh to my server and I can't create a new user every time they want to connect to my server.

    – doubleM
    11 hours ago






  • 5





    @doubleM Why can't you? User accounts are free and can be created and deleted via scripts. But there are a lot of security concerns you need to be aware of with running a public shell server! Are you sure you want to do this?

    – derobert
    11 hours ago






  • 2





    "I know. But I want to..." Well, it can not do what you have described. Are you asking something else? Suggestions on how your goal can be reached? If so, perhaps you should edit your question to include what you specifically want and do not want, what you have tried, and what is not working. How do I ask a good question?

    – 0xSheepdog
    10 hours ago


















1















I want to set my ubuntu server that everyone can ssh with the same user and at the same time. But they will work isolate from each other.



e.g. If someone create a file at their home directory, other won't see this file. And when they logout, all their work will be gone.



Is it possible to do that?










share|improve this question







New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.















  • 3





    Not really; that's what separate user accounts are for

    – DopeGhoti
    11 hours ago











  • I know. But I want to make a public server, so I don't know how many people will ssh to my server and I can't create a new user every time they want to connect to my server.

    – doubleM
    11 hours ago






  • 5





    @doubleM Why can't you? User accounts are free and can be created and deleted via scripts. But there are a lot of security concerns you need to be aware of with running a public shell server! Are you sure you want to do this?

    – derobert
    11 hours ago






  • 2





    "I know. But I want to..." Well, it can not do what you have described. Are you asking something else? Suggestions on how your goal can be reached? If so, perhaps you should edit your question to include what you specifically want and do not want, what you have tried, and what is not working. How do I ask a good question?

    – 0xSheepdog
    10 hours ago














1












1








1








I want to set my ubuntu server that everyone can ssh with the same user and at the same time. But they will work isolate from each other.



e.g. If someone create a file at their home directory, other won't see this file. And when they logout, all their work will be gone.



Is it possible to do that?










share|improve this question







New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












I want to set my ubuntu server that everyone can ssh with the same user and at the same time. But they will work isolate from each other.



e.g. If someone create a file at their home directory, other won't see this file. And when they logout, all their work will be gone.



Is it possible to do that?







linux ubuntu ssh






share|improve this question







New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question







New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question






New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 11 hours ago









doubleMdoubleM

61




61




New contributor




doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






doubleM is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.







  • 3





    Not really; that's what separate user accounts are for

    – DopeGhoti
    11 hours ago











  • I know. But I want to make a public server, so I don't know how many people will ssh to my server and I can't create a new user every time they want to connect to my server.

    – doubleM
    11 hours ago






  • 5





    @doubleM Why can't you? User accounts are free and can be created and deleted via scripts. But there are a lot of security concerns you need to be aware of with running a public shell server! Are you sure you want to do this?

    – derobert
    11 hours ago






  • 2





    "I know. But I want to..." Well, it can not do what you have described. Are you asking something else? Suggestions on how your goal can be reached? If so, perhaps you should edit your question to include what you specifically want and do not want, what you have tried, and what is not working. How do I ask a good question?

    – 0xSheepdog
    10 hours ago













  • 3





    Not really; that's what separate user accounts are for

    – DopeGhoti
    11 hours ago











  • I know. But I want to make a public server, so I don't know how many people will ssh to my server and I can't create a new user every time they want to connect to my server.

    – doubleM
    11 hours ago






  • 5





    @doubleM Why can't you? User accounts are free and can be created and deleted via scripts. But there are a lot of security concerns you need to be aware of with running a public shell server! Are you sure you want to do this?

    – derobert
    11 hours ago






  • 2





    "I know. But I want to..." Well, it can not do what you have described. Are you asking something else? Suggestions on how your goal can be reached? If so, perhaps you should edit your question to include what you specifically want and do not want, what you have tried, and what is not working. How do I ask a good question?

    – 0xSheepdog
    10 hours ago








3




3





Not really; that's what separate user accounts are for

– DopeGhoti
11 hours ago





Not really; that's what separate user accounts are for

– DopeGhoti
11 hours ago













I know. But I want to make a public server, so I don't know how many people will ssh to my server and I can't create a new user every time they want to connect to my server.

– doubleM
11 hours ago





I know. But I want to make a public server, so I don't know how many people will ssh to my server and I can't create a new user every time they want to connect to my server.

– doubleM
11 hours ago




5




5





@doubleM Why can't you? User accounts are free and can be created and deleted via scripts. But there are a lot of security concerns you need to be aware of with running a public shell server! Are you sure you want to do this?

– derobert
11 hours ago





@doubleM Why can't you? User accounts are free and can be created and deleted via scripts. But there are a lot of security concerns you need to be aware of with running a public shell server! Are you sure you want to do this?

– derobert
11 hours ago




2




2





"I know. But I want to..." Well, it can not do what you have described. Are you asking something else? Suggestions on how your goal can be reached? If so, perhaps you should edit your question to include what you specifically want and do not want, what you have tried, and what is not working. How do I ask a good question?

– 0xSheepdog
10 hours ago






"I know. But I want to..." Well, it can not do what you have described. Are you asking something else? Suggestions on how your goal can be reached? If so, perhaps you should edit your question to include what you specifically want and do not want, what you have tried, and what is not working. How do I ask a good question?

– 0xSheepdog
10 hours ago











0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "106"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






doubleM is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f512626%2fssh-to-the-same-user-but-work-isolate-from-each-other%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








doubleM is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















doubleM is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












doubleM is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











doubleM is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f512626%2fssh-to-the-same-user-but-work-isolate-from-each-other%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







-linux, ssh, ubuntu

Popular posts from this blog

2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person