Star/Wye electrical connection math symbolThe √ symbol in the unicode-math package$VDash$ Symbol in AMS math packages?Getting items above and below a compound math symbolmath symbol : bar touching an omegaMissing $ inserted when using custom math symbolUsing newcommand to create a math symbolMath symbol explanation in the same lineFormatting of a star in the right upper corner of a product symbolAlign vector symbol with upright math letternewcommand: Combine (optional) star and optional parameter

How does Loki do this?

What can we do to stop prior company from asking us questions?

Avoiding estate tax by giving multiple gifts

Why not increase contact surface when reentering the atmosphere?

when is out of tune ok?

How did Doctor Strange see the winning outcome in Avengers: Infinity War?

How to pronounce the slash sign

Why, precisely, is argon used in neutrino experiments?

Lay out the Carpet

Did Dumbledore lie to Harry about how long he had James Potter's invisibility cloak when he was examining it? If so, why?

System.debug(JSON.Serialize(o)) Not longer shows full string

Tiptoe or tiphoof? Adjusting words to better fit fantasy races

Is exact Kanji stroke length important?

Would a high gravity rocky planet be guaranteed to have an atmosphere?

What is the opposite of 'gravitas'?

Proof of work - lottery approach

What is the best translation for "slot" in the context of multiplayer video games?

You cannot touch me, but I can touch you, who am I?

Short story about space worker geeks who zone out by 'listening' to radiation from stars

Increase performance creating Mandelbrot set in python

India just shot down a satellite from the ground. At what altitude range is the resulting debris field?

How to run a prison with the smallest amount of guards?

How do I go from 300 unfinished/half written blog posts, to published posts?

How can a function with a hole (removable discontinuity) equal a function with no hole?



Star/Wye electrical connection math symbol


The √ symbol in the unicode-math package$VDash$ Symbol in AMS math packages?Getting items above and below a compound math symbolmath symbol : bar touching an omegaMissing $ inserted when using custom math symbolUsing newcommand to create a math symbolMath symbol explanation in the same lineFormatting of a star in the right upper corner of a product symbolAlign vector symbol with upright math letternewcommand: Combine (optional) star and optional parameter













7















I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



enter image description here



What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...










share|improve this question




























    7















    I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



    One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



    enter image description here



    What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...










    share|improve this question


























      7












      7








      7


      1






      I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



      One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



      enter image description here



      What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...










      share|improve this question
















      I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



      One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



      enter image description here



      What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...







      macros amsmath






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited yesterday







      E. l4d3

















      asked yesterday









      E. l4d3E. l4d3

      31018




      31018




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          7














          I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



          Works across math styles.



          documentclassarticle
          usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
          newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
          rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
          rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
          rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
          begindocument
          $Deltawye
          scriptstyleDeltawye
          scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
          enddocument


          enter image description here



          Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



          enter image description here






          share|improve this answer
































            8














            TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



            documentclassarticle
            usepackagetikz
            usepackageamssymb
            newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
            begindocument
            $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
            enddocument


            enter image description here



            documentclassarticle
            usepackagetikz
            usepackageamssymb
            newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
            begindocument
            $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
            enddocument


            enter image description here






            share|improve this answer
























              Your Answer








              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "85"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
              convertImagesToLinks: false,
              noModals: true,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: null,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              imageUploader:
              brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
              contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
              allowUrls: true
              ,
              onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













              draft saved

              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f481532%2fstar-wye-electrical-connection-math-symbol%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest















              Required, but never shown

























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes









              7














              I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



              Works across math styles.



              documentclassarticle
              usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
              newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
              rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
              rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
              rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
              begindocument
              $Deltawye
              scriptstyleDeltawye
              scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
              enddocument


              enter image description here



              Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



              enter image description here






              share|improve this answer





























                7














                I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



                Works across math styles.



                documentclassarticle
                usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
                newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
                rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
                rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
                rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
                begindocument
                $Deltawye
                scriptstyleDeltawye
                scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
                enddocument


                enter image description here



                Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



                enter image description here






                share|improve this answer



























                  7












                  7








                  7







                  I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



                  Works across math styles.



                  documentclassarticle
                  usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
                  newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
                  rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
                  begindocument
                  $Deltawye
                  scriptstyleDeltawye
                  scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
                  enddocument


                  enter image description here



                  Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



                  enter image description here






                  share|improve this answer















                  I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



                  Works across math styles.



                  documentclassarticle
                  usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
                  newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
                  rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
                  begindocument
                  $Deltawye
                  scriptstyleDeltawye
                  scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
                  enddocument


                  enter image description here



                  Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



                  enter image description here







                  share|improve this answer














                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer








                  edited yesterday

























                  answered yesterday









                  Steven B. SegletesSteven B. Segletes

                  159k9204413




                  159k9204413





















                      8














                      TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                      documentclassarticle
                      usepackagetikz
                      usepackageamssymb
                      newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                      begindocument
                      $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                      enddocument


                      enter image description here



                      documentclassarticle
                      usepackagetikz
                      usepackageamssymb
                      newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                      begindocument
                      $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                      enddocument


                      enter image description here






                      share|improve this answer





























                        8














                        TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                        documentclassarticle
                        usepackagetikz
                        usepackageamssymb
                        newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                        begindocument
                        $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                        enddocument


                        enter image description here



                        documentclassarticle
                        usepackagetikz
                        usepackageamssymb
                        newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                        begindocument
                        $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                        enddocument


                        enter image description here






                        share|improve this answer



























                          8












                          8








                          8







                          TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here






                          share|improve this answer















                          TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here







                          share|improve this answer














                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer








                          edited yesterday

























                          answered yesterday









                          JouleVJouleV

                          8,38022154




                          8,38022154



























                              draft saved

                              draft discarded
















































                              Thanks for contributing an answer to TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange!


                              • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                              But avoid …


                              • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                              • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                              To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f481532%2fstar-wye-electrical-connection-math-symbol%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest















                              Required, but never shown





















































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown

































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown







                              -amsmath, macros

                              Popular posts from this blog

                              Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

                              2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

                              Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person