Making backlight brightness persistent across rebootsHow to run Bash script on startup on Linux?Cannot change brightness after standby or logoutHow does the screen backlight work?Increase brightness in a part of the displayWMI-based hotkeys on not workingReduce brightness in GrubHow to disable tty1 and backlight using Arch LinuxMaking external display DPI settings permanent

Limpar string com Regex

Vector-transposing function

After Brexit, will the EU recognize British passports that are valid for more than ten years?

How to distinguish easily different soldier of ww2?

What is better: yes / no radio, or simple checkbox?

Tabular environment - text vertically positions itself by bottom of tikz picture in adjacent cell

How does learning spells work when leveling a multiclass character?

What is the purpose of a disclaimer like "this is not legal advice"?

What would be the most expensive material to an intergalactic society?

Why does this boat have a landing pad? (SpaceX's GO Searcher) Any plans for propulsive capsule landings?

Should I apply for my boss's promotion?

An Undercover Army

Did Amazon pay $0 in taxes last year?

Does an unused member variable take up memory?

Professor forcing me to attend a conference, I can't afford even with 50% funding

Is there a logarithm base for which the logarithm becomes an identity function?

Where is the License file location for Identity Server in Sitecore 9.1?

Should I file my taxes? No income, unemployed, but paid 2k in student loan interest

How to recover against Snake as a heavyweight character?

How do you make a gun that shoots melee weapons and/or swords?

PTIJ: Sport in the Torah

Is "cogitate" used appropriately in "I cogitate that success relies on hard work"?

A running toilet that stops itself

School performs periodic password audits. Is my password compromised?



Making backlight brightness persistent across reboots


How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?Cannot change brightness after standby or logoutHow does the screen backlight work?Increase brightness in a part of the displayWMI-based hotkeys on not workingReduce brightness in GrubHow to disable tty1 and backlight using Arch LinuxMaking external display DPI settings permanent













0















I have two X200 Thinkpads. They both have the rather annoying problem
that, unless the display backlight is set to its maximal value, it emits
an unbearable noise. The odd thing is that one of them boots with the
max. value and the other does not. It is also impossible to set the
second computer's display to the max. brightness value by using the
brightness-up button (it will only reach 779942 of 846600). I have to



cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/max_brightness >/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness


Now the sound goes away but only until the next reboot. Is there
anything I can do to make the brightness value persistent across reboots?



PS. I understand that I can run a script on startup, but something is
making my first comptuer different and I would like to know what. I
have tried this using the exact same OS (the same live USB), and both
computers have the same BIOS version (from 2012; 7.22?) and settings.
The difference is also there in the BIOS setup, before loading any OS.










share|improve this question
























  • Possible duplicate of How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?

    – Fabby
    4 hours ago















0















I have two X200 Thinkpads. They both have the rather annoying problem
that, unless the display backlight is set to its maximal value, it emits
an unbearable noise. The odd thing is that one of them boots with the
max. value and the other does not. It is also impossible to set the
second computer's display to the max. brightness value by using the
brightness-up button (it will only reach 779942 of 846600). I have to



cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/max_brightness >/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness


Now the sound goes away but only until the next reboot. Is there
anything I can do to make the brightness value persistent across reboots?



PS. I understand that I can run a script on startup, but something is
making my first comptuer different and I would like to know what. I
have tried this using the exact same OS (the same live USB), and both
computers have the same BIOS version (from 2012; 7.22?) and settings.
The difference is also there in the BIOS setup, before loading any OS.










share|improve this question
























  • Possible duplicate of How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?

    – Fabby
    4 hours ago













0












0








0








I have two X200 Thinkpads. They both have the rather annoying problem
that, unless the display backlight is set to its maximal value, it emits
an unbearable noise. The odd thing is that one of them boots with the
max. value and the other does not. It is also impossible to set the
second computer's display to the max. brightness value by using the
brightness-up button (it will only reach 779942 of 846600). I have to



cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/max_brightness >/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness


Now the sound goes away but only until the next reboot. Is there
anything I can do to make the brightness value persistent across reboots?



PS. I understand that I can run a script on startup, but something is
making my first comptuer different and I would like to know what. I
have tried this using the exact same OS (the same live USB), and both
computers have the same BIOS version (from 2012; 7.22?) and settings.
The difference is also there in the BIOS setup, before loading any OS.










share|improve this question
















I have two X200 Thinkpads. They both have the rather annoying problem
that, unless the display backlight is set to its maximal value, it emits
an unbearable noise. The odd thing is that one of them boots with the
max. value and the other does not. It is also impossible to set the
second computer's display to the max. brightness value by using the
brightness-up button (it will only reach 779942 of 846600). I have to



cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/max_brightness >/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness


Now the sound goes away but only until the next reboot. Is there
anything I can do to make the brightness value persistent across reboots?



PS. I understand that I can run a script on startup, but something is
making my first comptuer different and I would like to know what. I
have tried this using the exact same OS (the same live USB), and both
computers have the same BIOS version (from 2012; 7.22?) and settings.
The difference is also there in the BIOS setup, before loading any OS.







display






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 3 hours ago







Toothrot

















asked 4 hours ago









ToothrotToothrot

858621




858621












  • Possible duplicate of How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?

    – Fabby
    4 hours ago

















  • Possible duplicate of How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?

    – Fabby
    4 hours ago
















Possible duplicate of How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?

– Fabby
4 hours ago





Possible duplicate of How to run Bash script on startup on Linux?

– Fabby
4 hours ago










0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "106"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f505239%2fmaking-backlight-brightness-persistent-across-reboots%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f505239%2fmaking-backlight-brightness-persistent-across-reboots%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Word for a person who has no opinion about whether god existsWord for having a definite opinion while simultaneously withholding judgment?What's the opposite of “newcomer? Is ”veteran" OK?What do you call an “atheist” who might believe in an afterlife?What's a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged?Word for someone who dismisses contrary opinions as irrational?Somone who thinks they are overly special/out of the ordinaryIs there a word, phrase or idiom for “a person who is incapable of thinking about the future”?The belief that a god is human-likeA word for a non-famous person/thing you have heard a lot aboutAdjective for a person who enjoys taking care of their appearance

2017 IndyCar Series Contents Series news Teams and drivers Schedule Season summary Footnotes References External links Navigation menu"INDYCAR: Initial 2018 bodywork concepts unveiled"the original"IndyCar confirms switch to Performance Friction brakes in 2017""AJ Foyt Racing will switch to Chevy"the original"Carlos Munoz, Conor Daly will drive for AJ Foyt Racing""Zach Veach's Indy 500 Debut Confirmed with Foyt""No mass exodus from Honda after Ganassi switch""Ex-F1 driver Sato joins Andretti Autosport for 2017 IndyCar season""IndyCar's Ryan Hunter-Reay, sponsor DHL paired through 2020""hhgregg and Andretti Autosport announce partnership for key races in 2016""INDYCAR: Rossi re-signs with Andretti"the original"McLaren Formula 1 - Fernando Alonso to race at Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport""Shank will finally take part in Indy 500 with Harvey, Andretti | MotorSportsTalk""Andretti adds Jack Harvey to Indy 500 field""Ganassi switches to Honda power for 2017""INDYCAR: Chilton returns to Ganassi"the original"IndyCar silly season: Who's going where in 2017?""INDYCAR: Kanaan, NTT Data return to Ganassi"the original"Kimball to remain at Ganassi for 2017""Coyne confirms Bourdais for 2017 IndyCar season""Davison to sub for Bourdais in Indy 500"the original"Gutierrez confirmed for Detroit IndyCar debut""Gutierrez returns with Coyne for rest of 2017 season""Vautier to drive for Coyne at Texas"the original"INDYCAR: Coyne confirms Jones for 2017"the original"Pippa Mann returns to Coyne for Indy 500""Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold teaming up again for Indianapolis 500""Pigot to return to Ed Carpenter Racing""Hildebrand confirmed as full-time Ed Carpenter driver""Veach to replace injured Hildebrand at Barber"the originalNew Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves for 101st Indianapolis 500"Juncos Racing Announces Entry in 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 :: Juncos Racing""Juncos confirms Pigot for Indy 500""Saavedra confirmed in Juncos' second 500 entry"the original"Lazier confirms Indy 500 run after son's USF2000 debut"the original"Claman DeMelo to race for RLLR at Sonoma"the original"Rahal signs Servia and ace engineer for 2017""IndyCar: Aleshin returns with Schmidt"the original"Aleshin replaced by Saavedra for Toronto""Jack Harvey will pilot SPM No. 7 car at Watkins Glen, Sonoma""Jay Howard confirmed in Tony Stewart's supported SPM Indy entry""INDYCAR: Newgarden to wave the flag at Penske"the original"Pagenaud opts for No. 1 in 2017"the original"Penske confirms Newgarden for 2017""Montoya to stay with Team Penske in 2017""Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi""Cavin: IndyCar could see complete driver/team shakeup in 2017""End of the road for KV Racing?""KV Racing confirms closure, equipment sold to Juncos""Juncos confirms IndyCar Series entry"the original"Juncos readies IndyCar program, aims for '17 500"the original"Harding Racing to add Texas, Pocono to schedule"the original"Sato signs with Andretti Autosport for 2017""INDYCAR: Aleshin in Doubt at SPM"the original"Long Beach notebook: JR Hildebrand breaks hand""Hildebrand cleared to return at Phoenix"the original"Bourdais to undergo surgery on multiple fractures""Aleshin loses Schmidt Peterson IndyCar ride""Saavedra in at SPM for Pocono, Gateway"the original"Bourdais to make return at Gateway"the original"The IndyCar Grand Prix no longer is sponsored by Angie's List""2017 IndyCar Series rulebook""2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Official Rulebook"Official websiteeeeee

Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?Do Legal Documents Require Signing In Standard Pen Colors?Is it possible to legally prohibit someone from linking to specific pages on your website?Do scans of signed documents have the same legal power as the original document?What can I do if I signed an excessively restrictive contract?Can other party sneak in new contract terms via termination notice?How to prove that someone forged my signature on a contract that I was not aware of?In Australia, Is it legal to sign a document as somebody else?making a contract that includes video licenceLease dispute, over email and text messageIf you must include all of the natural language prose in a legal document, or if it can be abstracted outE-signing: legal ramifications of “identifying” a person